07/08/17, 09:20 AM   #1
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Trade mod for Buyers, not Sellers

I posted in Master Merchant and Tamriel Trade Center hoping that the mods had options for the buyer rather then the seller. So far MM, TTC, Price Tracker Updated, and Guild Store Tools all provide some option to present pricing suggestions for the seller.

I would like a simple addon using LUA only and no external EXE. I'm not paranoid about EXE files and authors usually provide the source code somewhere to appease the masses that any such EXE won't do something unwanted. It was suggested that I use the TTC EXE to see scanned data that has been contributed by other users. However, I notice that it lists it in the format that it was last seen at the indicated location and for what price. Which is not what I want.

Because there is no central AH like in WOW I have to visit all the traders I have the patience to visit. I would prefer to filter the results with Awesome Guild Store to collect only what I am currently looking for. Then manually visit the traders I choose to in person. I would like to be able to open up a panel/window/tab, look through what I have manually collected, and then go back and purchase the item from wherever it was the least expensive. I would reset the cached data as needed.

Guild Store Tools and ESO Data Relay was too outdated and there wasn't a slash command to open any windows. The only way I could review data was to right click an item listed at the Trader I had currently open. However, when using the options provided "Recipe: Cheese Pork Schnitzel" ended up linking me data for one of my equipped items.

Price Tracker Updated was more what I was looking for. It seemed like a light weight mod that wouldn't be overwhelming. After scanning a few Traders to test with I had no way to review what I had scanned. With the current trader still open, the tool tip would show the Max and Min price with a name next to it. However, the name was of the seller, not the location and Trader where I could return to and find the item for the lowest price.

Are there any mods that do this?

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/08/17 at 09:24 AM.
07/08/17, 09:35 AM   #2
Rhyono
What about http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...Continued.html
07/08/17, 10:36 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AGS knows the trader names and locations if I remember correctly.
Maybe it can be used as a source for the tooltip so the location can be added?
07/09/17, 10:19 PM   #4
ezchunka
Currently the only way to get anywhere close to what you want is to visit the TTC website and search the database there for whats on sale in world.By design ZOS does not want a centralized auction system or search function, so we get to do it this way.

http://tamrieltradecentre.com
07/12/17, 12:34 AM   #5
cyxui
if I understand correctly you wish to scan all the guild stores by yourself and then use a filter to find the cheapest item wish a filter. And at the same time you wish this to be light weighted.

I had to do this in the past when TTC was not popular where I just go scan every single guild store on a weekly basis and uploads them to the website. The whole process would take 8 hours pre Dark brotherhood.

and most importantly of all, a single reloadUI would take as long as 5 min with my pretty powerful PC (i7, 16G ram, SSD).

Note this is what it takes to only store the data. To do efficient searches you would need to build indexes for it which would easily double, triple (or something higher) the size and reloadUI time.

So back to the topic. TTC does not provide this functionality because TTC is designed to be a very light weighted addon. For something that you want most likely would have to be a very heavy one.

TL;DR: ezchunka is right, use the website to do the search

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Trade mod for Buyers, not Sellers