03/31/14, 06:41 AM   #1
Syber01
Some addons require updates - but they are already updated...

Having an issue with Minion. It's saying that LootDrop and Craft Research Timer need to be updated, but - they already are. I can update both, and then it just wants me to update them again. It's stuck in a loop. I've deleted them and reinstalled as well, no luck.
03/31/14, 06:45 AM   #2
Syber01
Just to add - everything looks fine with my addon folder structure, and based on date time stamps, the addons are being updated by Minion. It just thinks they need to be updated again for some reason.
03/31/14, 10:05 AM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sounds like Minion may have saved something incorrectly in your minion.xml. Cloud you post the contents of your C:\Users\<user name>\.minion\minion.xml (mac ~\.minion\minion.xml) here when you have a chance?

Thanks.
03/31/14, 10:10 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The version number on the site does not match the version number in those addons' .txt files. Craft Research Timer has v0.1 vs. 1.0 and LootDrop has 1.3.6 vs. nothing (no version line in the .txt file)
03/31/14, 10:14 AM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The version number on the site does not match the version number in those addons' .txt files. Craft Research Timer has v0.1 vs. 1.0 and LootDrop has 1.3.6 vs. nothing (no version line in the .txt file)
Thats fine but as soon as they update the AddOn once more Minion should rectify that by using the md5 string instead and mark it so in the minion.xml. Thats why I think something is saved wrong in the minion.xml.

So its either not downloading the correct version and the md5 does not match OR something is wrong with their minion.xml. Since its working fine for me I assume its the minion.xml.
03/31/14, 11:15 AM   #6
Syber01
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Sounds like Minion may have saved something incorrectly in your minion.xml. Cloud you post the contents of your C:\Users\<user name>\.minion\minion.xml (mac ~\.minion\minion.xml) here when you have a chance?

Thanks.
Yeah I'm a dufus, it's fixed now, my bad. I like to keep my profile folders clean, so sometimes I "hide" folders that apps use and I don't. Normally it still works OK and I don't have any issues with the app (Gimp is one). In this case, it bit me in the arse so I'll knock it off. The file updated OK now (I unhid the folder) and it's fixed. Thanks for pointing out the file location to me!

Last edited by Syber01 : 03/31/14 at 11:17 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Some addons require updates - but they are already updated...