04/13/14, 04:35 PM   #1
Vicster0

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Vicster's InventoryInsight

Inventory Insight - Data Gathering and Tooltip Modification AddOn
[Recently Patched: v0.4.0, please see most recent post!]
Author: Vicster0
Version: 0.4.0
Development future: I plan to continue to develop and refine this product until further notice. If this changes into the future, or I become unable to continue to dedicate time to this AddOn I will allow for another developer to take control.
Use License: Please feel free to use this code (and pieces, therein) as examples or templates for your development projects. However, I am retaining ownership of the intellectual property contained in or defined by this AddOn and will not allow minor or major modifications to be made and released under a different name without my prior consent. (Please messages me on the forums if you have any questions. [Vicster0]
Acknowledgements: I would like to thank the following developers as I was able to learn a lot from their code going through this project and for the ability to utilize their libraries where applicable:
  • Fayn - For their AddOn, "Recount".
  • ingeniousclown - For their AddOn, "Research Assistant."
  • Seerah - For their incredicly helpful and time saving library, "LibAddonMenu."
  • ESOUI and all of the community members on the forums for being a great group of helpful individuals.

Introduction
Are you a hoarder? Do you like to keep and collect everything little thing you come across? Or maybe you are like me and enjoy multiple forms of crafting and just can't see parting with crafting mats but have no place to store them! Having multiple mules to separate and store you items definitely helps with the suffocating constraints of limited bag space and shared banking across your account, but how do you intend to keep track of all your items? If you need that one specific stone for crafting an item with that sweet trait on it, how are you going to know if you have that stone available. And furthermore, how are you going to know on which character it is being stored!? You could do things the old fashioned way - pen and pad or maybe even a nice little work document, or you could do things the Vicster way! Fret no more! Allow me to introduce to you Vicster's InventoryInsight - Data Gathering and Tooltip Modification AddOn for The Elder Scrolls Online!

Player Features
  • Collects data from you characters' inventory and bank when logged in and stores this information for your entire account and encompassing characters.
  • Add information on the location and amount of items with the characters and bank on your account and provides this information to Popup and Item Tooltips in game!
  • Alleviates desk clutter by allowing you to "let go" of the old school pen and pad!
  • Makes your life and experience in the world of Tamriel more enjoyable!
  • And much much more to come in the future!

Notes/Issues
Due to the nature of itemization in TESO, ItemLinks for the same item do not match in some cases. For example, the level 1 LockPicks provided to characters who skip the Cold Harbor introduction are different (from the perspective of the ItemLink) than later acquired LockPicks. (I have no idea why this is the case but I am researching this.

AddOn DeveloperFeatures
Other AddOn developers can also use external functions in their own AddOns and add a dependency for InventoryInsight to do things such as search for items in the InventoryInsight saved data table!

For Example:
Lua Code:
  1. function IN2_QueryAccountInventory( itemLink,  itemName );
  2. --[[
  3.         receives:
  4.             itemLink - string; ZO formatted itemlink
  5.             itemName - string; plain text name of the item
  6.         returns: a queryItem object
  7.             Note: Providing an itemName string will result in the search
  8. using the name. Providing an itemLink will result in a more specific item
  9. search using ZO ItemLinks. Providing both will default to using the
  10. provided itemLink. Due to the nature of itemization in TESO, ItemLinks
  11. for the same item do not match in some cases. For example, the level 1
  12. LockPicks provided to characters who skip the Cold Harbor introduction
  13. are different (from the perspective of the ItemLink) than later acquired
  14. LockPicks. (I have no idea why this is the case but I am researching this.)
  16.             queryItem = {
  17.                 link = itemLink;
  18.                                 name = itemName;
  19.                 locations = {
  20.                     [n] = {
  21.                         name = ""; -- name of the location found; {"Bank","{charactername}"}
  22.                         itemsFound = n; -- the number of items of this time found at this location
  23.                     }
  24.                 }
  25.             }
  26. ]]--

Last edited by Vicster0 : 05/10/14 at 12:44 PM.
04/13/14, 04:41 PM   #2
Vicster0

I wanted to start this thread up as a way of documenting any issues folks may find using this AddOn.

I hope you find this AddOn helpful and easy to use.

Please note: There is a settings menu for this AddOn available from the built-in Settings menu under "Vicster's Addons". Some of these features are also available via the following command structure:

[InventoryInsight]:Usage -
\in2 or \inventoryinsight [options]

Options
on - Enables the InventoryInsight addon.
off - Disables the InventoryInsight addon.
debug - Enables debug functionality for the InventoryInsight addon.
run - Runs the InventoryInsight data collector.
color - Opens the color picker dialog to set tooltip text color.
04/14/14, 05:31 AM   #3
Vicster0

I have created my Author Portal which is now available! You can submit bugs and feature requests in an organized fashion through my Author Portal starting now!

NOTE: Please use the Vicster0's Portal to submit all bugs and features. As the only individual working on the development of my AddOns I would not want to miss any scattered information. The Author Portal provides a clean and concise way for me to track any bugs and feature requests.

Lastly, if you have already submitted a bug or a feature request, I have taken the liberty of moving your request into the appropriate tracker. Please visit the page for your corresponding bug or feature request for updates!
Thanks!
04/14/14, 07:23 PM   #4
Vicster0

Updates
Update 1 - [v0.1.1]
04/17/14, 04:58 AM   #5
Vicster0

Updates
Update 2- [v0.1.2]
  • Addressed B171 - Not everything showing. There are STILL some items which do not compare correctly at all. (Namely the CE pack items.) Read below...
  • Modified the algorithm which compares items to use data from the item links and not just the links themselves. As the item links have small differences that are currently unknown to me, I decided to make the base of comparison the itemID. This allows for greater visibility into more items but slightly increase false positives by combining all items of that itemID regardless of the name, value, and color. This is why I also added the following...
  • Added more settings to control the precision of InventoryInsight to your preference. All items are compared by itemID by default. You can choose to add to that precision by also including the name, value, and/or color to the items being compared. (ex. - some gear can be the same item but of different quality/rarity, which can be accounted for by the color. Lockpicks are all the same but for some reason, certain lockpicks are really level 0. The level option can help you differentiate based on your preference.)
04/26/14, 09:32 AM   #6
Vicster0

Updates
Update 3- [v0.2.0] - Major Release!
  • Changed some algorithms for item matching.
  • Fixed a couple bugs that could enable false positives and un-logged items.
  • Data collector now collects items currently being worn by your character.
  • Added the Inventory Frame and associated settings (enabled via the options menu) FR109 - Complete inventory list.
  • Inventory Frame provides player with the ability to view and filter your entire account iventory in an organized fashion! (double click items to add to chat for simplicity)
  • Inventory Frame docks into character view frame by default and is show while viewing inventory. The frame also has the option of being undocked and moved around! (options menu)
  • Inventory Frame can be shown in many different menu scenes! (see options menu for complete list)
  • Added InventoryInsight non-default Tooltips and the option to switch between that and the default. With these tooltips, InventoryInsight information will be shown seperate from the default tooltip such that there is no interference with other addons also modifying the default tooltips. (enabled and disable via the options menu)
  • InventoryInsight custom tooltip also contains style information on items! Potentially more to come in the future! FR109 - Item style in the tooltip.
  • Huge code restructuring for efficiency and longevity with other addons

ESOUI » AddOns » Released AddOns » Vicster's InventoryInsight