03/11/18, 01:19 PM   #1
Aetheron

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ZOS: Help with Latest Reticle API?

I'm the original author of Combat Reticle, and have just returned to ESO after a hiatus. It looks like the latest ESO patch has completely changed in the reticle API, thus Combat Reticle is currently broken. I see the list of new reticle functions in the latest API docs, but is there some (minimal) documentation somewhere such that I can map what I was doing previously to this new API?

Thanks,
-A
03/12/18, 04:44 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Unfortunately there is no mapping "old" -> "new" functions list available to us. We always do a kind of trial&error or find out by ourselves.

If you got error message, or even better function names + parameters, which are not working anymore one could check the current API file to see if there is a difference.

Or you have to check other addons like RainbowReticle or other reticle related addons (Toxic Players, stealth stuff e.g.) if they help you.
03/12/18, 06:42 PM   #3
Solinur
Originally Posted by Aetheron View Post
I'm the original author of Combat Reticle, and have just returned to ESO after a hiatus. It looks like the latest ESO patch has completely changed in the reticle API, thus Combat Reticle is currently broken. I see the list of new reticle functions in the latest API docs, but is there some (minimal) documentation somewhere such that I can map what I was doing previously to this new API?

Thanks,
-A
I seem to be using combat reticle without issue though.
03/12/18, 08:28 PM   #4
joshmiller83
AddOn Super User

Premium Member
Originally Posted by decay2 View Post
I seem to be using combat reticle without issue though.
yep. It has been working fine for my wife and I for a while now.

Calia was going to make some changes to it for a feature request I had but she never got around to it!
03/12/18, 09:05 PM   #5
Aetheron

Originally Posted by joshmiller83 View Post
yep. It has been working fine for my wife and I for a while now.

Calia was going to make some changes to it for a feature request I had but she never got around to it!
Well... that's odd. Might be that I'm testing with an unpublished/hacked version. I'll download, diff the code and see what's going on. Thanks for the input!

-A
03/13/18, 01:41 PM   #6
calia1120

It's currently working for me, but yes, I still need to upload an update to it. Real life fun.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ZOS: Help with Latest Reticle API?