04/21/18, 05:23 AM   #21
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
The active skills were changed into single abilities with scaling behavior based on rank. This was to help with updating and maintaining these skills. I'll need to think about what it would mean to target specific ranks of these through APIs. I think it might mean adding rank parameters to a lot of the ability APIs. Which APIs are you using?
This is the best change that has ever been made since I was coding addons, awesome! It will make addon development so much easier for me. There is just one little grain of salt left: Can you add a field or a function that contains info wether the ability is a 'player owned' ability and additonally the base morph, morph a, morph b relations (e.g. 30244 being morph b, it should contain some info on which ability id is morph a and the base morph).
04/21/18, 06:07 AM   #22
ArtOfShred

Originally Posted by Letho View Post
This is the best change that has ever been made since I was coding addons, awesome! It will make addon development so much easier for me. There is just one little grain of salt left: Can you add a field or a function that contains info wether the ability is a 'player owned' ability and additonally the base morph, morph a, morph b relations (e.g. 30244 being morph b, it should contain some info on which ability id is morph a and the base morph).
Morphs still have a different ID I believe. Just rank 1-4 for each were compressed into single id's.
04/21/18, 07:01 AM   #23
Letho
Originally Posted by ArtOfShred View Post
Morphs still have a different ID I believe. Just rank 1-4 for each were compressed into single id's.
Yep, I understood that, makes sense since there are boss abilities, that do not have morphs ^^

What I meant is, that I'd like to have a field that allows me to link a specific abilityId to it's (base)-morph(s) IF it is morphable (= player owned?).
04/23/18, 04:03 AM   #24
g4rr3t

The unification of ability IDs is certainly useful for my application. Makes things much more streamlined only having to register callbacks or monitoring for a quarter of the number of IDs, but I can see how it may introduce a little more work for those who use the unique ranks in more meaningful ways. I'm a fan.

Can confirm that stack IDs (à la Grim Focus) also maintain the Rank I IDs. Haven't tested all ranks for any "gotchas" but at least all the ones I've tested have stacked against the Rank I ID.

Cheers.
G
04/23/18, 08:16 AM   #25
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
You can use GetSpecificSkillAbilityInfo to link up the morphs.
04/24/18, 10:31 AM   #26
Gandalf

On PTS the handling of buffs(effects) has changed.
The effent EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED and ESO client BUFF&DEBUFF option don't show:

- RAPID_MANEUVER_ABILITY
- RETREATING_MANEUVER_ABILITY
- CHARGING_MANEUVER_ABILITY

anymore, instead the resulting buffs

- MAJOR_GALLOP
- MAJOR_EVASION

will be shown.

Is the this change on purpose and permanent?
04/24/18, 11:04 AM   #27
Gandalf

Post ESOUIDocumentationP18 2.txt

In ESOUIDocumentationP18 2.txt:
Code:
EVENT_ALLIANCE_POINT_UPDATE (*integer* _alliancePoints_, *bool* _playSound_, *integer* _difference_, *[CurrencyChangeReason|#CurrencyChangeReason]* _reason_)
has not changed for update 18.

But with Update 18 the alliance point gain (tick) will be advised when the player may already has moved to another zone.

Therefore:
Can this event be extended with an additional parameter for keep Id of tick?
This would allow to track the source (credit list) of the tick.

04/25/18, 03:55 PM   #28
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
On PTS the handling of buffs(effects) has changed.
The effent EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED and ESO client BUFF&DEBUFF option don't show:

- RAPID_MANEUVER_ABILITY
- RETREATING_MANEUVER_ABILITY
- CHARGING_MANEUVER_ABILITY

anymore, instead the resulting buffs

- MAJOR_GALLOP
- MAJOR_EVASION

will be shown.

Is the this change on purpose and permanent?
Yes, these were unified into specific buff types.
04/25/18, 04:32 PM   #29
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
In ESOUIDocumentationP18 2.txt:
Code:
EVENT_ALLIANCE_POINT_UPDATE (*integer* _alliancePoints_, *bool* _playSound_, *integer* _difference_, *[CurrencyChangeReason|#CurrencyChangeReason]* _reason_)
has not changed for update 18.

But with Update 18 the alliance point gain (tick) will be advised when the player may already has moved to another zone.

Therefore:
Can this event be extended with an additional parameter for keep Id of tick?
This would allow to track the source (credit list) of the tick.

Yeah we can do something like that.
04/26/18, 12:55 AM   #30
Letho
You can use GetSpecificSkillAbilityInfo to link up the morphs.
I see, thanks! As you said, all player ability ranks have been merged. How about boss abilities? There were some encounters (especially light guy and shadow dude [don't remember their names right now] in vMoL) where some buffs of the same type and name are given to different players using different abilityIDs. Have those use cases' ability ids been merged, too?
04/26/18, 08:44 AM   #31
Gandalf

Thanks for the fast response and the clearification, I'm looking forward to see that extension!

Cheers,
Gandalf
04/30/18, 01:17 PM   #32
sirinsidiator

I tried to update Circonian's LibNotifications and noticed that NOTIFICATION_TYPE_GIFT is not defined, but is used in notifications_gamepad.lua and notifications_keyboard.lua. Not sure why it doesn't throw a lua error there, but when I copy the table into LibNotifications, it does exactly that:
Code:
user:/AddOns/LibNotification/LibNotification/LibNotification.lua:25: table index is nil
stack traceback:
    user:/AddOns/LibNotification/LibNotification/LibNotification.lua:25: in function '(main chunk)'
@Chip is this entry unused and should be removed, or is the constant just missing? And could you please make these tables global? The lib breaks on almost every update because it relies on the data in these two files.
04/30/18, 01:56 PM   #33
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
I tried to update Circonian's LibNotifications and noticed that NOTIFICATION_TYPE_GIFT is not defined, but is used in notifications_gamepad.lua and notifications_keyboard.lua. Not sure why it doesn't throw a lua error there, but when I copy the table into LibNotifications, it does exactly that:
Code:
user:/AddOns/LibNotification/LibNotification/LibNotification.lua:25: table index is nil
stack traceback:
    user:/AddOns/LibNotification/LibNotification/LibNotification.lua:25: in function '(main chunk)'
@Chip is this entry unused and should be removed, or is the constant just missing? And could you please make these tables global? The lib breaks on almost every update because it relies on the data in these two files.
I'm looking at the latest code and I don't see any references to NOTIFICATION_TYPE_GIFT anywhere. They've all been split into RECEIVED, CLAIMED, and RETURNED variants.

We can make the table globals.
04/30/18, 02:30 PM   #34
sirinsidiator

Ok. That explains why I didn't see any errors. I don't have the latest code extracted yet.
05/09/18, 07:35 AM   #35
Gandalf

Smile

Works like a charm, Thank you!

Just one additional question:

Pre Update 18, attack/defense tick have been granted for keep types:
- KEEPTYPE_ARTIFACT_KEEP
- KEEPTYPE_KEEP
- KEEPTYPE_OUTPOST
- KEEPTYPE_RESOURCE
- KEEPTYPE_TOWN

In update 18:
A keep and its resources will been treated as a super structure with a total of 4 credit(reward) list and
the lists will be cleared when the player is defending/attacking in another super structure. Probably when the player earns CURRENCY_CHANGE_REASON_KILL for kills/healing.

What is the handling for the other keep types (without super structure)? Will these credit list cleared as well when the player is active on another keep of the same type? E.g. Moving from one scroll temple to another?

Thanks,
Gandalf
05/09/18, 11:10 AM   #36
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Works like a charm, Thank you!

Just one additional question:

Pre Update 18, attack/defense tick have been granted for keep types:
- KEEPTYPE_ARTIFACT_KEEP
- KEEPTYPE_KEEP
- KEEPTYPE_OUTPOST
- KEEPTYPE_RESOURCE
- KEEPTYPE_TOWN

In update 18:
A keep and its resources will been treated as a super structure with a total of 4 credit(reward) list and
the lists will be cleared when the player is defending/attacking in another super structure. Probably when the player earns CURRENCY_CHANGE_REASON_KILL for kills/healing.

What is the handling for the other keep types (without super structure)? Will these credit list cleared as well when the player is active on another keep of the same type? E.g. Moving from one scroll temple to another?

Thanks,
Gandalf
Per the programmer responsible, you can have credit on one of each keep type, with the exception of resource keeps where you can have credit on 3 as long as they have the same parent keep.
05/10/18, 02:38 PM   #37
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Just a note about crafting functions which were global and removed now.
Old and removed:
Lua Code:
  1. function ZO_CraftingUtils_IsTraitAppliedToWeapons(traitType)
  2.     local traitCategory = GetItemTraitTypeCategory(traitType)
  3.     return traitCategory == ITEM_TRAIT_TYPE_CATEGORY_WEAPON
  4. end
  6. function ZO_CraftingUtils_IsTraitAppliedToArmor(traitType)
  7.     local traitCategory = GetItemTraitTypeCategory(traitType)
  8.     return traitCategory == ITEM_TRAIT_TYPE_CATEGORY_ARMOR
  9. end

Replaced by:
ZO_CraftingUtils_GetSmithingFilterFromTrait(smithingResearchLineTraitInfo)

-> See file
/esoui/ingame/crafting/smithingresearch_shared.lua
-> function ZO_SharedSmithingResearch:Refresh()

e.g. used like this:
local expectedTypeFilter = ZO_CraftingUtils_GetSmithingFilterFromTrait(GetSmithingResearchLineTraitInfo(craftingType, researchLineIndex, 1))

Last edited by Baertram : 05/13/18 at 11:53 PM.
05/11/18, 04:02 PM   #38
Shinni
Hey, I just wanted to ask if turning AddOutfitSlotPreviewElementToPreviewCollection private is a permanent change or if it is something temporary as in a past PTS with PreviewCraftItem?

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Update 4.0