06/03/14, 08:02 AM   #1
lyravega
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is it possible to get quantity number from/for EVENT_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE?

This event also fires when you loot an item. I am trying to move away from EVENT_LOOT_RECEIVED to this event, as it offers more flexibility and is easier to access some stuff. However, quantity number eludes me. Any way I can get the quantity numbers when you loot something, with this event?
06/03/14, 08:25 AM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Hmm,
I use both events but don't have access to my code while at work to see where I get the quantity from, not that I actually use it. I'll take a look when I get home tonight and will let you know where I get that value from.
06/03/14, 08:27 AM   #3
Garkin

Originally Posted by lyravega View Post
This event also fires when you loot an item. I am trying to move away from EVENT_LOOT_RECEIVED to this event, as it offers more flexibility and is easier to access some stuff. However, quantity number eludes me. Any way I can get the quantity numbers when you loot something, with this event?
Lua Code:
  1. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("MyAddon", EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE,
  2.    function(eventCode, bagIndex, slotIndex, isNewItem, itemSoundCategory, updateReason)
  3.       --you can filter out some unwanted updates, for example:
  4.       if isNewItem == false then return end
  5.       if updateReason == INVENTORY_UPDATE_REASON_DURABILITY_CHANGE then return end
  6.       if bagIndex ~= BAG_BACKPACK then return end
  8.       local icon, stackCount, sellPrice = GetItemInfo(bagIndex, slotIndex)
  9.       d(zo_strformat("Quantity: <<1>>", stackCount))
  10.    end)

Last edited by Garkin : 06/03/14 at 08:29 AM.
06/03/14, 09:26 AM   #4
lyravega
Garkin, doesn't that return the total sum of that item in your bag? I was asking for a way to get the "quantity looted" number, rather than the total quantity (just the change in other words), apologies if I got misunderstood (or you were giving me the correct answer, and I misunderstood :P)

Xrystal, thanks. I'd appreciate it.
06/03/14, 09:44 AM   #5
Garkin

Garkin, doesn't that return the total sum of that item in your bag? I was asking for a way to get the "quantity looted" number, rather than the total quantity (just the change in other words), apologies if I got misunderstood (or you were giving me the correct answer, and I misunderstood :P)

Ah, sorry I misunderstood. There is no way to get quantity looted from this event unless you keep track of what you have in bag and then count current stackCount - previous stackCount.
06/03/14, 10:27 AM   #6
lyravega
Hmm, I understand.
06/03/14, 09:33 PM   #7
Wobin

Any reason you can't use both events? The loot one to get the quantity, then match it to the slot update one with a link for the rest of your processing
06/04/14, 04:21 PM   #8
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member

Okay, sorry for not replying yesterday but I totally forgot I said I would check.... seriously I stopped being blonde at 5 years old.

I use 2 events for gathering and of course the interaction test in the onupdate function.

EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE
- I use the slot update routine to get the item details received
EVENT_LOOT_RECEIVED
- I use loot received to track who received what item and how many
05/02/18, 09:11 AM   #9
redgabber
HI

Any fix for this ?

i have the same prb

[edit] solved here : http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthre...4576#post34576

Last edited by redgabber : 05/02/18 at 09:44 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Is it possible to get quantity number from/for EVENT_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE?