03/04/18, 08:34 PM   #1
aldericon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[notabug] Duplicate Chat Message Check doesn't work with EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL

I've been working a lot recently with the event EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL, which allows you to see what's being posted in chat. I've noticed that if you try to post the same message twice - easily done with addons like pChat, where you can press the 'up' arrow to get what you just posted - it won't actually post to chat, but the EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL still fires.

Just wanted to post here to see if this was working as intended. It's funny sometimes because I get a bunch of the same chat message in a few seconds but only one copy in chat.
03/04/18, 10:37 PM   #2
Scootworks

i just wondering, did you try it without pchat too? it's not a pchat feature with pressing arrow up to "repeat" a message.
03/05/18, 05:54 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Pressing up and getting the last chat message into the chat box again is a base game feature, isn't it?

I sometimes got the problem, that after login, my first post of a message in a chat channels is not written to chat. If I repeat it (with the up key or manually) it's in the chat all of sudden (at least only once and not twice then).

If a chat message is not shown a 2nd time after using the up key it shluld be some addon of yours which is "filtering" the last send messages somehow, but EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL ist not filtering! You cannot suppress chat messages with this event afaik.

Search your addons for
Code:
CHAT_SYSTEM.OnChatEvent
, normally the filtering is applied in there.
03/05/18, 05:54 AM   #4
sirinsidiator

That's because pChat has an anti-spam feature since v2:
v2
=======
- Added an Anti-Spam : For now, 3 subfilters :
Flood, Enabled per default. Protects Only geo-channels (Zone, ZFR, ZDE, ZEN, Say, Yells, Emote) Same messages in defined timer (0-180 seconds, 30 per default) are dropped.
Please always test without any addons first, before posting to the bug reports forum.
03/05/18, 04:58 PM   #5
aldericon

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
That's because pChat has an anti-spam feature since v2:

Please always test without any addons first, before posting to the bug reports forum.
My mistake; pChat has been installed on my game for so long that I had forgotten what was part of the base game and what was part of the addon.

Thanks for clearing it up everyone.
03/05/18, 05:37 PM   #6
Ayantir

I'm always the guilty

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [notabug] Duplicate Chat Message Check doesn't work with EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL