08/17/16, 04:53 PM   #1
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Invalid addon detected when 2 addons share same folders

Hello,

When 2 addons share the same folder,

(Addon, Addon continued, Addon Updated, Addon Kinglon language fix, etc) Generally Minion detect that the installed addon is the last one in order of addon creation date.

So even if Addon is still marked as in the " Ultimate category of Awesome addons ", Minion will flag the addon has being the Klingon fix.

Could it be changed that Minion flag the addon with the last upload done ?

I have this issue with pChat, even if the last update of this addon is newer than his jpFix, a new install of Minion will set this addon has being the jpFix and so will follow the jpfix updates.

Thank you.
08/18/16, 01:53 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi ya Ayantir,

To quickly fix the issue with your addon I've moved the jpFix version to the discontinued category so it will remove it from Minions detection process (author even said it was discontinued).

This should only happen if you delete your minion.xml, or you go under settings and choose to reset addon detection. The problem should only occur when Minion tries to detect the AddOn in the wild. If its downloaded through Minion it should remember the correct AddOn until the above happens.

I think we need to feed Minion data on what AddOns are "patches" or "fixes" for another AddOn and exclude them in the "in the wild" detection process. Default to the main AddOn during detection and have an icon that shows up next to the title saying there are other possible matches and if clicked have the user choose from a list.

Thanks for the heads up on this. If there are any other AddOns that you know of this happening to please let me know.

Last edited by Dolby : 08/18/16 at 02:01 PM.
08/18/16, 04:17 PM   #3
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you very must for that fast answer and action

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Invalid addon detected when 2 addons share same folders