07/22/17, 02:45 AM   #1
adidasfan1994
Question Addons will not work

Someone please help me, I am getting really frustrated with mods all together. I followed the instruction exactly as I have seen them from reputable online sources and still always have an issue. I downloaded minion first off. As it opened is showed options for wow and eso on my computer as it apparently didn't find them the first time. So I manually found my eso file and opened it. Multiple times and trying it on different possible eso folders and none of them did anything in game, a few caused the game to crash during loading. When I search it has shown multiple eso's or none at all to install add ons to.

Verify game cache is grayed out on steam, not sure if that matter in this case.

I have posted pictures of all the things I've done and seen while troubleshooting. The final image shows the two mods added to the Addons folder inside of Live folder as I've been told it should be, and yet when i fire up the game nothing shows up in the addon section.

Someone please help me figure this out, hopefully its something simple but I've double checked multiple times and can't figure it out. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	461
Size:	493.8 KB
ID:	909  Click image for larger version

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	399
Size:	397.9 KB
ID:	910  Click image for larger version

Name:	5.PNG
Views:	464
Size:	442.9 KB
ID:	911  Click image for larger version

Name:	6.PNG
Views:	536
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	912  

Name:	8.PNG
Views:	522
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	913  Click image for larger version

Name:	9.PNG
Views:	414
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	914  Click image for larger version

Name:	10.PNG
Views:	404
Size:	549.5 KB
ID:	915  Click image for larger version

Name:	14.PNG
Views:	406
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	916  

Name:	15.PNG
Views:	410
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	917  Click image for larger version

Name:	16.PNG
Views:	411
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	918  Click image for larger version

Name:	17.PNG
Views:	407
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	919  

Last edited by adidasfan1994 : 07/22/17 at 02:47 AM.
07/22/17, 10:58 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You need to give minion the path of the AddOn folder not the game folder.

Your AddOn folder for Elder Scrolls Online is located in the windows documents folder for your user. It looks like from the pictures your trying to install them in the game folder (thats how wow does it but ESO uses the documents folder) http://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?..._howto_install

if you want Minion to work you'll need to make sure the addon folder path under options is set to the documents folder location (C:\Users\< username >\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\) not the game install folder.
07/22/17, 07:12 PM   #3
adidasfan1994
Unfortunately I have tried that as well, multiple times it wouldn't do anything when I tried to link addons file to minion. It finally worked one time and I added two simple addons and it still does nothing. In my pictures you can see I have the two addons in the proper addon folder inside the document folder.

Thought it might be an issue with minion because sometimes it finds an eso folder when searching upon first opening minion and other times when i select the addon folder and hit open nothing happens on minion. So I did a clean reinstall of minion and still having issues.

Picture 08.PNG is the blank minion screen I get most of the time after i have hit eso search and manually found addon folder under documents and hit open and it comes to this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01.PNG
Views:	405
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	926  Click image for larger version

Name:	02.PNG
Views:	406
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	927  Click image for larger version

Name:	04.PNG
Views:	373
Size:	574.2 KB
ID:	928  Click image for larger version

Name:	05.PNG
Views:	376
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	929  

Name:	08.PNG
Views:	379
Size:	379.1 KB
ID:	930  

Last edited by adidasfan1994 : 07/22/17 at 07:25 PM.
07/23/17, 07:00 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The addons are in the correct folder as it seems. So try it without Minion?
Just enter the game and check if the 2 addons SkyShards and AUI are shown in the ingame addon list.
If not:
Check the forum here for "Windows 10 One drive" and/or "Addons not shown" or "Addonsnot loading". There are several descriptions like "search on your harddrives for the file AddonSettings.txt and this is the folder where your "AddOns" folder needs to be (e.g. if you moved your Documents folder within Windows to another hdd).
07/25/17, 03:02 AM   #5
TNTKokser

Just asking... Why try to get Minion run? I simply download the addons here and unzip them to the ...\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns folder. Works. Always. You can add your addons to a favorite list and put an icon shortcut to your browsers toolbar. From time to time click on it and you see the number of available updates. As a bonus you'll see what's new. For an update simply select overwrite all.
07/25/17, 07:25 AM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
adidasfan1994, can you attach your minion.xml ?

- Click the double cog icon in the top right and it will open "Minion Settings".
- Scroll down to Event Log and press "open log". It will actually open a folder that contains your minion.xml.
- Attach it here.
07/25/17, 01:06 PM   #7
Greevir

If you're using Windows 10's OneDrive (which I can see in one of your screenshots that you are) then you need to set minion to use the following folder for addons (*drive*:\Users\*username*\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns)

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons will not work