12/25/15, 01:12 PM   #1
tweva
Premium Member
I hope to use Minion to xfer to a new computer.

I hope to use Minion to xfer all my add-ons and add-0n settings intact to a new computer.

I have the Premium subscription to minion, and I'm hoping to use it to back up my add-ons to a directory on Computer #1, copy the Directory to Computer #2, and enable a restore from there to be able to use my add-ons on Computer #2.
I have way too many add-ons to keep it all straight if I just try to duplicate all my add-on settings by hand on Computer #2. I swear - I'll turn it into a mess if I try.

Can I use Minion to do this?

If so, what do I copy from Computer #1 to make it happen.

Thanks for any help.
12/27/15, 12:20 PM   #2
Sternentau
board director

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Xfer to a new computer

Originally Posted by tweva View Post
I hope to use Minion to xfer all my add-ons and add-0n settings intact to a new computer.

Can I use Minion to do this?
If so, what do I copy from Computer #1 to make it happen.
Thanks for any help.
Servus tweva,

hmmm.... i would rather suggest you to copy the complete ESO user environment to your new machine.

To do so, open your documents directory (NOT the game directory) - you will find a directory named "Elder Scrolls Online" there.
Copy (or move) this directory to the same place on your new machine after installing ESO and start the game... all should be in place - voilá

If you dislike to copy the whole environment, transporting the directories named "AddOns" and "SavedVariables" to the same place on the new machine would work also, but if you are less experienced, take all (should be a few megabytes only)

Good luck and keep us informed

Sternentau
12/27/15, 08:04 PM   #3
tweva
Premium Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sternentau View Post
Servus tweva,

hmmm.... i would rather suggest you to copy the complete ESO user environment to your new machine.

To do so, open your documents directory (NOT the game directory) - you will find a directory named "Elder Scrolls Online" there.
Copy (or move) this directory to the same place on your new machine after installing ESO and start the game... all should be in place - voilá

If you dislike to copy the whole environment, transporting the directories named "AddOns" and "SavedVariables" to the same place on the new machine would work also, but if you are less experienced, take all (should be a few megabytes only)

Good luck and keep us informed

Sternentau

I did as you said.
Fired up my new main battle computer - and all seems in order and configured correctly as it was on my (now) older back-up computer.

If this continues to work as well as it appears to be at this point, I owe you dinner.

You have my regards, and many thanks.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » I hope to use Minion to xfer to a new computer.