06/21/17, 09:13 AM   #1
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Improve EVENT_EXPERIENCE_UPDATE

Suggestion: Add "bonusPercentage" number for this event so we can see the % bonus applied from items/buffs to the experience gained.

EVENT_EXPERIENCE_UPDATE (integer eventCode,string unitTag,number currentExp,number maxExp,number reason, number bonusPercentage)

Was just thinking it would be nice to have a way to see the sum total of % based experience bonuses when Experience is gained. I could do this now by checking for certain buff ID's and adding the percentages of those, then indexing each equipped item to check for the training trait and check item quality, but calling this on every single experience gain event would be pretty grossly inefficient.

EDIT: Additionally, I think this might be a kind of nice feature as an option in the default UI, it would make it more clear just how much bonus XP you're earning, and might be helpful in reminding someone to equip training gear if they happen to dive into a level grind without it on).

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 06/21/17 at 09:44 AM.

06/21/17, 10:25 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ArtOfShred View Post
EDIT: Additionally, I think this might be a kind of nice feature as an option in the default UI, it would make it more clear just how much bonus XP you're earning, and might be helpful in reminding someone to equip training gear if they happen to dive into a level grind without it on).
A Diablo3 style listing of all the exotic character stats like speed bonus, gold find etc. would be generally nice. Right now you have to guess at a lot of things as a user.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Improve EVENT_EXPERIENCE_UPDATE