03/03/17, 10:53 AM   #1
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Specialized Item Types

Hey all,

I've been working with the item designers to fix the items with incorrect specialized item types, especially in regards to addon use of them. For those of you that need these to be fixed for your addons, can you reply with the specific problems you are having so we can make sure all of the use cases are addressed.
03/03/17, 02:31 PM   #2
Phinix

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey Chip,

Not sure if it is what you are refering to, but in ShowMotif I found that the following ITEMSTYLE exist in-game but don't have names assigned:

Code:
	[54]	= {name = "Ashlander"},
	[55]	= {name = "Withered Hand"},
EDIT: I think this is probably more in regards to Homestead recipes and items being the wrong type/category. Not much to offer there but there's been some official forum posts.

Last edited by Phinix : 03/03/17 at 02:37 PM.
03/05/17, 08:29 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

Hi Chip,
Thanks for asking this.
For my AwesomeGuildStore addon I plan to add new filter options based on the specialized item types. I already use them in some cases, but not all of them seem to be assigned correctly yet.

SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FOOD, SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_DRINK, SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_RACIAL_STYLE_MOTIF, SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_TROPHY, SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_REAGENT
Looks like they work as expected.

SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT
Currently only allows to separate the old provisioning ingredients from the new furniture materials (SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT_FOOD_ADDITIVE and SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT_RARE).

SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_RECIPE
This works fine for the new furniture recipes, but the old provisioning recipes are all assigned to SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_RECIPE_PROVISIONING_STANDARD_FOOD and not split up into food and drink recipes as expected.

SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING

From the variable names it looks like they are split up by their function, but they do not seem to have been assigned correctly yet. Most items are simply SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_ORNAMENTAL. It would be great if this could be corrected in one of the next patches and even greater if it could be split up into more categories.
e.g. SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_OUTDOORS for trees, stones, carts and other stuff that goes outdoors, SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_FURNITURE for actual furniture, SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_FOOD for all the food items, SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_ORNAMENTAL only for the tapestry, paintings, carpets and similar things and SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_MISC for all the other stuff that does not fit anywhere else.
Maybe you have more ideas, but it should not amount to more than 10 categories and only be a way to split them roughly by what I am looking for. I'd then use TRADING_HOUSE_FILTER_TYPE_FURNITURE_CATEGORY and TRADING_HOUSE_FILTER_TYPE_FURNITURE_SUBCATEGORY to further refine the search.

SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_SIEGE
They all have SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_SIEGE_UNIVERSAL. Would be nice if they could be split appropriately.
03/12/17, 03:57 AM   #4
manavortex

For furnishing it would maybe make sense to classify the items by type?
SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_...
  • LIGHT
  • CLUTTER
  • TABLE
  • SEAT
  • DECOR
  • CUTLERY
  • FOOD
  • CREATURE
  • STATION
..?

Last edited by manavortex : 03/12/17 at 03:59 AM.
06/04/17, 10:13 AM   #5
sirinsidiator

With Morrowind it looks like most SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_ are correctly assigned. Only the SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING has not been touched yet.

But there is also a new issue with the furniture materials. They are now categorized as ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_MATERIAL and SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FUNISHING_MATERIAL_*, but it seems that somebody forgot to add Decorative Wax (Provisioning). The wax is still in ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT / SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT_RARE which now also contains the real rare ingredients like Perfect Roe.
Would be nice to see Decorative Wax added to ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_MATERIAL and a new SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FUNISHING_MATERIAL_PROVISIONING in an incremental patch.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 07/13/17 at 12:21 PM.
06/05/17, 09:20 AM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
With Morrowind it looks like most SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_ are correctly assigned. Only the SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING has not been touched yet.

But there is also a new issue with the furniture materials. They are now categorized as ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_MATERIAL and SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FUNISHING_MATERIAL_*, but it seems that somebody forgot to add Decorative Wax (Provisioning). The wax is still in ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT / SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT_RARE which now also contains the real rare ingredients like Perfect Roe.
Would be nice to see Decorative Wax added to ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT and a new SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FUNISHING_MATERIAL_PROVISIONING in an incremental patch.
We can do this. I just added in the provisioning material type. If it doesn't get hooked up for the next major release let me know.
07/13/17, 09:11 AM   #7
Sorondor
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Would be nice to see Decorative Wax added to ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT and a new SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FUNISHING_MATERIAL_PROVISIONING in an incremental patch.
Decorative Wax is currently ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT. Did you perhaps intend "added to ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_MATERIAL"?

If it remains ITEMTYPE_INGREDIENT then it will forever be separated from the other furnishing materials at the item type level.

SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_FURNISHING_MATERIAL_PROVISIONING (fixed spelling; was missing an 'R') of course is perfect.
06/05/17, 10:19 AM   #8
sirinsidiator

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.
07/13/17, 12:24 PM   #9
sirinsidiator

Yes. That was the incorrect name, but from the rest of the message it should be clear what I meant. I edited it now.

On the PTS I saw that the mats for the target dummies are also currently listed in the same category as the wax. Would be nice if they could also be moved into furnishing materials and maybe get a new specialized itemtype for rare mats or something.
08/14/17, 01:31 PM   #10
sirinsidiator

Decorative Wax is finally fixed with todays update.
Next thing is Animus Stones. They are still listed as rare ingredients. Dwarven Construct Repair Parts are already categorized as Furnishing Material in the Enchanting category, so maybe you can apply the same category for the stones too?

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Specialized Item Types