08/28/17, 01:38 AM   #1
Octopuss

Updated favourite addons

When an addon I have favourited gets an update, it shows in bold and there's a number in brackets next to my username. That's ok, however... it doesn't go away no matter how many times I open its page. What are the conditions for this notification of sorts to disappear?
08/28/17, 07:59 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Octopuss,

It uses your last visit date so right now the conditions are when your last visit timestamp is updated and that requires your session to expire (no activity for 15min I believe) or you can press the "Forums >> Mark forum as read" link and that will update your timestamp.

I should add a similar link for AddOns and I should add a check if the user visited the AddOn from the favorites link it removes the count/bold for that AddOn
08/28/17, 09:56 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While you are on it, could you also make something like that for the bug tracker? The new bug entries and comments number doesn't disappear when I read them.
08/28/17, 10:00 AM   #4
Octopuss

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi Octopuss,

It uses your last visit date so right now the conditions are when your last visit timestamp is updated and that requires your session to expire (no activity for 15min I believe) or you can press the "Forums >> Mark forum as read" link and that will update your timestamp.

I should add a similar link for AddOns and I should add a check if the user visited the AddOn from the favorites link it removes the count/bold for that AddOn
Thanks! That will be helpful.
08/29/17, 03:41 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
While you are on it, could you also make something like that for the bug tracker? The new bug entries and comments number doesn't disappear when I read them.
Yep, I noticed this as well. Always see new bugs + my answers etc. as new bug info (even sometimes 30+ minutes after I had answered it)
08/30/17, 02:36 AM   #6
Octopuss

I waited for a lot longer than 15 minutes, even closed the browser, and two addons are still showing up in bold. Furthermore, numerous comments across various addons show as new (orange icon I believe?) even though they were made yesterday.
08/30/17, 07:43 AM   #7
Dolgubon

New bit is not dependent on the user, it is site wide.
08/30/17, 07:49 AM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Octopuss View Post
I waited for a lot longer than 15 minutes, even closed the browser, and two addons are still showing up in bold. Furthermore, numerous comments across various addons show as new (orange icon I believe?) even though they were made yesterday.
Sorry just looked up the session timeout and its 1800 seconds (30min).
02/26/18, 06:01 AM   #9
Octopuss

Any news here?

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Updated favourite addons