04/02/14, 05:09 PM   #1
jarganaut
Minion Stuck on Loading

Tried to use the Minion app to update apps and what lot last night but it got stuck on "Loading Status fetching Global Configuration. Loading ESO game data. Loading ESO categories. Loading ESO addons." Getting stuck in the same place again today.

Suggestions?
04/02/14, 05:11 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi jarganaut,

Are you running on windows or mac?

Can you send me your minion.xml? Located...
win: C:\Users\<windows user name>\.minion\minion.xml
mac: ~\.minion\minion.xml
04/02/14, 11:00 PM   #3
jarganaut
Running Windows 8.0. XML file attached.

As a side note, I attempted uninstalling and reinstalling and get to the same stuck point.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.5 KB, 597 views)
04/03/14, 12:35 AM   #4
Rakious
I am having the same issue but with windows 7 and also have uninstalled and reinstalled.
04/03/14, 12:44 AM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by jarganaut View Post
Running Windows 8.0. XML file attached.

As a side note, I attempted uninstalling and reinstalling and get to the same stuck point.
Thanks, does this happen all the time?

Did you switch to the EU mega server? Or delete/install any addons manually directly from your AddOns folder? Do you have a C:\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns folder? Are the AddOns in there?

Can you post your minion0.log too? Its located in the same place the minion.xml is located.

Try deleting your minion.xml and re-launching Minion.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/03/14 at 12:57 AM.
04/03/14, 04:03 AM   #6
Szai
i have the same problem, i have since updated my addons manually, it happened first thing on the 30th so i havent been able to use minion since beta
04/03/14, 10:37 AM   #7
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Szai View Post
i have the same problem, i have since updated my addons manually, it happened first thing on the 30th so i havent been able to use minion since beta
Can you please post your minion.xml and minion0.log? It's located in C:\Users\<windows user name>\.minion\

Thanks.
04/03/14, 12:42 PM   #8
Rakious
it won't let me upload the other file and i think the common thread is manual updating cause
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.5 KB, 524 views)
04/03/14, 01:17 PM   #9
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Rakious, your issue is simple and is not the same reason the OPs is failing. So jarganaut this fix will not work for you.

Your Minion.xml has two games with the same unique-game-id. The easy fix is to delete minion.xml and restart Minion. The better fix would be to remove the following from the minion.xml and save then restart Minion.
Code:
<game addon-path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU" auto-update="false" game-id="ESO" ignore="true" unique-game-id="ESO-2">
<addons>
<addon md5="6c0a1ae86861be9ed217c2cff7e2826d" ui-version="1.7" uid="18"/>
<addon md5="54d2816f18414314229c7a50032f2e9f" ui-version="0.3" uid="29"/>
</addons>
</game>
This is the result of removing a game from the game list and then adding another one. There is currently a bug where it will assign the new game you added the old gameid. We are working to fix this.
04/03/14, 05:00 PM   #10
jarganaut
I made no manual changes to the AddOns folder, no adding or removing without the Minion.

I have always been on US mega-server.

I deleted minion.xml and restarted and things seem to be working again. However it did not recognize all of the add-ons I had installed previously.

minion0.xml attached to help you figure out the problem.
04/03/14, 06:42 PM   #11
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by jarganaut View Post
I made no manual changes to the AddOns folder, no adding or removing without the Minion.

I have always been on US mega-server.

I deleted minion.xml and restarted and things seem to be working again. However it did not recognize all of the add-ons I had installed previously.

minion0.xml attached to help you figure out the problem.
I didn't see anything wrong with your minion.xml though. I wonder if a certain AddOn you have installed is tripping up Minion? After you get your missing addons re-installed restart Minion and see if it hangs up again.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/03/14 at 06:45 PM.
04/04/14, 08:15 AM   #12
jarganaut
It didn't hang up again when I tried again today, nor at any time last night. However "Research Assistant" is now no longer showing up in my list (in-game) of installed addons even though the folder is in place, Minion says it was updated this morning.

This probably has something to do with the addon itself, and certainly nothing to do with the reason it hung up but that is another weird thing that happened.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Stuck on Loading