06/30/16, 03:14 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sort by monthly downloads

I think the default sorting by overall downloads is useless.
There are some old and obsolete addons in the top spots and even one with fake downloads.
A better indicator would be downloads over the last 30 days.
If an addon is no longer relevant it will drop to the bottom of the list and new addons have a good chance to get to the top.
Maybe you could also add a "rising" indicator for some that get many downloads in a short time.
06/30/16, 03:45 AM   #2
Scootworks

/sign

even the sort in automatic update is useless, i don't want to see the oldest on top (standard)... and the colors are still bugged in automatic update if you click to an addon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	autoupdat.png
Views:	388
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	760  
06/30/16, 06:38 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks sirinsidiator, the monthly downloads sort should be pretty easy if I just do a rolling 30 day download count updated nightly. The rising feature I wonder if it would be better or at least the same served by just a 24hr rolling download count? I have that data and just need to plumb it into Minion's API.

Scootworks thanks for the screenshot on the UI bug isse on the auto-update log. I also added a ticket to add some sorting ability to the list. We are working on converting our minion config to json and I think this would be something easy to add after we do that.
07/01/16, 02:20 AM   #4
sirinsidiator

A rolling download count is what I was thinking about.
I am also having second thoughts about the rising feature. I was thinking about giving new addons a chance to shine, but they wouldn't get a rising indicator with their usual download counts. Maybe you could just make it so that the list can be filtered for addons that have been added in the last 30 days?
The ulterior motive is to get users to try out new stuff. In the long run it would also help if we could mark an addon as an alternative to another addon, so they can check it out when something breaks after a new DLC.
07/01/16, 10:02 AM   #5
Sasky
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
The rising feature I wonder if it would be better or at least the same served by just a 24hr rolling download count?
Probably not, as that would still include long-term addons that are still popular and not really feature newer addons. Depending on how much you want existing addons to have a chance to pop up in it:

Only new addons:
- Just do highest monthly downloads, but exclude addons older than 90 days (or some other period)
Harder for old popular addons to show up:
- Compare the monthly/weekly download against total downloads
Easiest for old popular addon to show up on update:
- Look at % change in monthly downloads when calculate that
07/01/16, 10:19 AM   #6
Ayantir

Anoth eolution would be to exclude addons which are not up to date with the latest dlc. or the previous one.
07/01/16, 10:22 AM   #7
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Anoth eolution would be to exclude addons which are not up to date with the latest dlc. or the previous one.
We have that...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 11.22.51 AM.png
Views:	370
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	761  

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Sort by monthly downloads