05/01/14, 01:19 AM   #1
fyren
Microsoft Jscript Runtime Error

Hello !

I just installed Minion, but when I lauch it, I got an error :

"Automation server can't create object".

I have to dismiss it several time before I can have access to Minion, and when I'm using the soft, the error pop several time. Very annoying.

Do you have an idea why I got this error ?

05/01/14, 01:33 AM   #2
Blackwolfe
Getting the same issue, not sure if it has to do with my Antivirus (avast) or firewall (online firewall). No matter what exceptions I set up I still get the error. And no, I do not want to disable any of them.

At the moment, I just click through the error messages. But it gets really annoying, especially since there is no way to scan for addon updates after the initial startup of minion.

(note: I try to start minion the first thing I do when I boot up my computer, to avoid the errors at least the first time)
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (4.0 KB, 484 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (19.4 KB, 510 views)

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 05/01/14 at 01:44 PM.
05/01/14, 01:48 PM   #3
Blackwolfe
Added my log files, you should do so as well Fyren.

Switching default browser from Firefox to IE helps, but I DONT want IE as default browser, lol.
05/01/14, 01:57 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for your files and information. I dont have a solution yet however I do have a ticket for this as it is affecting many other people.

The information about switching away from Firefox and it working is interesting. Can I ask are you using profiles on Firefox? Also what plugins do you have installed?

I dont have any trouble with Chrome or Firefox as my default browser, I dont use IE either. So there must be something different between my Firefox and yours?

Last edited by Dolby : 05/01/14 at 02:10 PM.
05/01/14, 02:03 PM   #5
Blackwolfe
No, I don't use profiles. Or well, I use a profile I copied from my previous windows installation.

Hrm, you got me thinking when you mention the extension. I do have noscript and adblock installed. Gonna try something.

Edit: Disabled both of those, still happening.

Edit2: Disabled all of my firefox addons and the error no longer occurs. Gonna try switching them on and off one by one.

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 05/01/14 at 02:49 PM.
05/01/14, 02:21 PM   #6
Blackwolfe
I might have found the culprit.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...cmanfasterfox/

Not 100% sure but I'll run some more tests.

Edit: Yep, I'm pretty sure it's what causing it. Which might mean that my settings in the addon do not work very well with Minion.

That might mean that similar firefox addons or other software that do the same thing might cause the error.

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 05/01/14 at 02:25 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Microsoft Jscript Runtime Error