04/27/14, 05:24 PM   #41
KinderH
Is it possible that JunkBuster might also cause this kind of error when having a certain amount of "rules" ?
04/28/14, 01:28 AM   #42
SilverWF

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm pretty sure, this is standart API limitation for the anchors.

First seen by me after one of the latest Combat Cloud updates and I've maid little investigation there. Let me quote myself:
I've made some investigation:
I'm just checking off another addons one by one and look if the anchors error happens.
So, here is results:

Error still exists without:
Achievment tracker
Advanced filters
Autohide helmet
Bank Stuffer
Rapid Chant
Fats Report
Wikkid Outfitter
Wikkid Mail Return Bot
Skyshards by Garkin
Group Leader
Inventory Item Borders
PL Combat Indicator
Rainbow Rectile
Softcap Info
Sous Chef
Tooltip Enhance
Tamriel Time
Xtime stamp
ZAM buff display
But if I uncheck 2 or more of this addons - error is gone too

Error didn't pops without:
Advanced Autoloot
AI Research grid
Azurah
Wikkid Quest tools
Combat Cloud
Combat Log Statistics
Loot Drop
Loot Filter
Research Assistant
Simple Combat Alerts
Tool Box
T's Chat Coloriser
ZR Mini Map

Seems like this is not your addon error - this is ingame API limit for anchors...
04/28/14, 03:17 AM   #43
Nameious
I just recently started to get this error. Is it just an annoyance and pop up every time you reloadui and zone or is it serious? I wish minon had a installed by date so I can see what I installed last. lol
04/28/14, 10:45 PM   #44
willgk
Actually guys, I dont think this is any addons at all... I may be stupid for saying this but i've been getting the same problem, when I was looking into it I decided to do the following step by step:

1. Move all addons to another folder and move them in 1 by 1
2. Look for issues where they didn't clearanchors before setting anchors.
3. Uncheck all addons except for 1 in game then reloadui starting with ZrMinimap.
4. Check addons 1 by 1 to determine what is causing it.

What I found while checking was that Minion.exe's were still open holding onto certain files / folders.
When I killed the executables and reinstalled the addon manually everything started working correctly.
04/28/14, 11:09 PM   #45
Sp00sty
I have been doing all manual updates since Early Access and I started getting the error last week.

I have never used Minion, and the errors are still there, and still go away depending on how many and which addons I activate.

Luckily the one error I receive can be dismissed at character login and will not return during that session until I log out or change characters.
04/29/14, 02:50 AM   #46
Gothrek
Originally Posted by willgk View Post
Actually guys, I dont think this is any addons at all... I may be stupid for saying this but i've been getting the same problem, when I was looking into it I decided to do the following step by step:

1. Move all addons to another folder and move them in 1 by 1
2. Look for issues where they didn't clearanchors before setting anchors.
3. Uncheck all addons except for 1 in game then reloadui starting with ZrMinimap.
4. Check addons 1 by 1 to determine what is causing it.

What I found while checking was that Minion.exe's were still open holding onto certain files / folders.
When I killed the executables and reinstalled the addon manually everything started working correctly.
never used minion.
only from the last week i see this problem with various addon (my list just a few posts before)
04/29/14, 12:02 PM   #47
AstroCat

I'm seeing this issue now as well, and it only seems to be when I get a certain combo of add ons, and it doesn't have to be too many of them.

Is this just an annoyance or does it actually impede the function of the add ons?
04/29/14, 07:53 PM   #48
Katsurie
Getting this error but I think it is a game bug and not a specific addon. It does not seem to affect my gameplay, it's just a minor annoyance upon login. I did do some testing and disabled HarvestMap and it cleared, but it also once cleared with ZrMM and I had ZrMM enabled when HarvestMap got disabled that time. Unless there was some collision? Regardless, there seems to be too many people with AddOns different from the ones I am running for it to be one specific AddOn causing the problem. Unless it is a library?

I really think this goes deeper. I'm not a coder though, would like to be, but not. My knowledge is limited.
04/30/14, 06:45 AM   #49
Eleventeen
Get this too.

Stupid API limits.

Is there any way an addon can actaully just 1-time dismiss the initial popup on login?

Because it definetely has no affect on my addons. They all work 100% fine, exactly the same as before when I had fewer, and thus didn't get this.

But yea if the addon devs can work together to fix the issue on their end, that works too..

tho really thing Zenimax should offer an option to dismis/hide this screen. (Limit it to debug logs to show the addon devs, don't force the end user to suffer).
04/30/14, 07:00 AM   #50
Sideshow

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread..
Is this a time issue? Creating too many controls with too many anchors in a too short time?
Would it help if the settings were created in batches?
04/30/14, 07:04 PM   #51
Divona

Originally Posted by Eleventeen View Post
Get this too.

Stupid API limits.

Is there any way an addon can actaully just 1-time dismiss the initial popup on login?

Because it definetely has no affect on my addons. They all work 100% fine, exactly the same as before when I had fewer, and thus didn't get this.

But yea if the addon devs can work together to fix the issue on their end, that works too..

tho really thing Zenimax should offer an option to dismis/hide this screen. (Limit it to debug logs to show the addon devs, don't force the end user to suffer).
It seem like some people are using LibDebug to bypass that popup error. The problem still exist, though, as more people continue to expand their AddOns installation on their system.
05/01/14, 04:46 AM   #52
delta9
Originally Posted by Divona View Post
It seem like some people are using LibDebug to bypass that popup error. The problem still exist, though, as more people continue to expand their AddOns installation on their system.
thanks for the tip I will try that, as my addons seem to be working ok, that popup is just very annoying

update - yes this works great

Last edited by delta9 : 05/01/14 at 05:45 AM.
05/02/14, 04:23 AM   #53
Stormknight

I just had someone report this error with my AI Research Grid addon.

It uses a fair few anchors clearly as it creates a grid of textures on the screen.

According to the bug report I have received, issuing a single ClearAnchors command for one of my controls stopped the issue happening.

I am away for the next few days, so can't look into this right now, but I wonder if using the ClearAnchors() function for a control has some hidden invocation of anchor garbage collection or something?
05/02/14, 07:37 AM   #54
Divona

Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
I just had someone report this error with my AI Research Grid addon.

It uses a fair few anchors clearly as it creates a grid of textures on the screen.

According to the bug report I have received, issuing a single ClearAnchors command for one of my controls stopped the issue happening.

I am away for the next few days, so can't look into this right now, but I wonder if using the ClearAnchors() function for a control has some hidden invocation of anchor garbage collection or something?
I've tried use ClearAnchors on all of the controls, included the one in LibAddonMenu-1.0 with no success. So, still have no idea.
05/02/14, 01:29 PM   #55
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Well, again. :ClearAnchors() is for when a control already has anchors set.
05/02/14, 08:32 PM   #56
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
Majority of the issues I've run across so far are 1 of 3 things:

1 - Different addons re-positioning the same windows without clearing anchors first (these are collisions, and all parties should code around them)
2 - A single addon re-positioning windows without clearing anchors, or simply setting too many duplicate anchors (these I call bugs)
3 - Too many addons with large sets of menu options on their top-level panels in the Settings Menu ( and let's face it, they all use LAM )

1 & 2 should be fixed by the individual authors whenever they can figure it out, and since #1 is an everchanging landscape I don't foresee this issue truly going away permanently. Let's face it, we can't predict what addons users will and won't use.

3 I have a workaround that I think alleviates the issue somewhat and it's in the latest version of the 5 addons I uploaded today which all embed the new LibWykkydFactory (which I will be uploading independently later on). Submenus. It is a "hack" but it works wonders. If you're an author you should go check it out
05/02/14, 08:54 PM   #57
SektaNZ
Sounds really good Wykkyd. Hope addon authors take this onboard.
05/03/14, 11:49 PM   #58
ThadOptimus
Does this error impact the actual functioning of any addon when it occurs?
05/04/14, 12:32 AM   #59
AstroCat

Originally Posted by ThadOptimus View Post
Does this error impact the actual functioning of any addon when it occurs?
I wondered this as well and so far I haven't had any issues with the mods working when I've gotten the error. Of course I can't say 100% for sure, just how's it's been so far.
05/04/14, 08:48 PM   #60
zolan

Shameless plug...

So, there seem to be 2 types of these anchor problems. There are the:

"Someone doned something wrong when writing their addon." errors which are bad.

And there is the:

"For some reason after you have a certain number of addons, the game just throws this error at you but everything continues working fine." errors.

I can't claim to understand the latter one, but I do have a way to make it less annoying.

In comes Zolan's Anchors Away. It is kind of like cold medicine. It doesn't really fix the problem, it just kind of makes the symptoms go away for a bit. All it does is suppress that one specific error.

It does not fix the problem or explain the problem and it even could suppress a real problem. By default it still notifies you in chat if the error happens, but it is better than pulling up a window every time you log in.

Zolan... Bringing you cheap fixes for crappy problems since 2014.

Hope this helps until someone smarter than myself figures out what is going on.

~Zolan

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » "Too Many Anchors processed"