Quantcast Minion running in processes but does not open - ESOUI
01/11/18, 09:00 PM   #1
Jaexyn
Minion running in processes but does not open

I'm on Windows 7 and Minion just started not opening at all no matter what I try. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. I see it in the Processes tab of Task Manager, and it's eating about 25% of my processing power, but it never appears. Have to "End Task" to close it.
01/12/18, 06:23 AM   #2
Baertram

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you using a 64bit operating system and 64bit Minion? Try the 32bit Minion file as such a behaviour sometimes seems to happen with teh 64bit version.

Oh and please provide the minion.log file so one can check what Minion is doing and where it got stuck.
Some virus scanners and firewalls interfer (Symantec, Bitlocker, etc.) so please define whitelist rules for the minion app and check if this fixes it.
01/14/18, 05:31 PM   #3
xherbiex
Minion running in processes but does not open

I have this same problem. Running the 64bit version of minion and ESO but I can no longer access a window for minion. It is running as a process. Tried re-installing but no change. Log attached.
01/15/18, 10:32 AM   #4
Baertram

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Test the 32bit version of Minion please as the 64bit version is sometimes making trouble on a 64bit OS.
Check your firewall, antivurs and add whitelist entries to them for Minion.
And please: Post your minion.log file and minion.xml files here so one can analyze them!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion running in processes but does not open