03/15/16, 08:06 AM   #1
serpentineocean
Can't navigate past "My Documents" folder

I have two PC's running windows 7. Both with completely default directory setups.

I followed a few forum threads and was able to get one of the Minion clients to work on one PC by deleting the xml files multiple times, and increasing the folder depth to 8. Also, right clicking and running Minion as administrator (not sure if that helps)

The other PC, It just won't find the addons, but it also won't let me navigate past the "my documents" folder. There is no expand arrow on it. So i expand C:, Expand Users, Expand "Serpentine" I see "My Documents" but there is no option to expand it. Folder depth is increased to 8. Anything more than that and it feels like minion is searching for an hour+.

Log files show "java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Users\Serpentine\My Documents" which I think is the problem, but I can't figure out how to let Java detect past "My Documents". I've edited permissions and gave all profiles full control, and added an 'everyone' to full control. I've updated my Java, and set the security to low.

Not sure where else to go from here. And why one system would be ok with it, but not the other.

Last edited by serpentineocean : 03/15/16 at 08:24 AM.
03/15/16, 08:51 AM   #2
serpentineocean
OK. While trying to Make a hardlink Junction, I noticed that even though windows navigates through "My Documents", the directory stucture in Minion is actually just "Documents".

So, I can navigate through C:\Users\Serpentine\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live\AddOns, and hit select, but then nothing happens.

Deleted everything and suddenly it automatically found it.

I'm so confused because I didn't change anything.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Can't navigate past "My Documents" folder