01/19/24, 09:43 PM   #1
sinnereso
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
disable auto add to craftbag for new chars

hi im wondering if anyone knows a way to change the default of AUTO_ADD_TO_CRAFT_BAG_ON to off for fresh installs and new characters.

Ive been messing in my addon trying to accomplish this but it seems the game itself moves everything into the craftbag on logout of previous char or before addons even load on character creation. I tested this by taking a stack of materials out of craftbag and put into bank and then double checked its still in there, logged out, created new toon and its already been moved into craftbag again.

Code:
SetSetting(SETTING_TYPE_LOOT, LOOT_SETTING_AUTO_ADD_TO_CRAFT_BAG, AUTO_ADD_TO_CRAFT_BAG_OFF)
Put this in my addonload and its not performing it fast enough to prevent the transfer of everything into craftbag on a newly created toon. suggestions?

Last edited by sinnereso : 01/19/24 at 09:46 PM.
01/20/24, 02:22 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I think the setting is only about "new looted materials" and not about already owned materials in banks and inventories (but I might be wrong, you have to test that).
If you got ESO+ it always will be moved to craftbag automatically on any realoadui / login again.

If you do not want that to happen on reloadui/logout/quit then ZO_PreHook Logout and the ReloadUI and Quit functions and check if your setting in addon is enabled, and then disable the game setting above properly, and see if this helps.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/20/24 at 02:46 AM.
01/20/24, 04:55 AM   #3
DakJaniels
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I think the setting is only about "new looted materials" and not about already owned materials in banks and inventories (but I might be wrong, you have to test that).
If you got ESO+ it always will be moved to craftbag automatically on any realoadui / login again.

If you do not want that to happen on reloadui/logout/quit then ZO_PreHook Logout and the ReloadUI and Quit functions and check if your setting in addon is enabled, and then disable the game setting above properly, and see if this helps.
Could it be as simple as overriding
Lua Code:
  1. IsESOPlusSubscriber()
with
Lua Code:
  1. IsESOPlusSubscriber = function () return false end

I know overriding works for
Lua Code:
  1. IsInGamepadPreferredMode()
as
Lua Code:
  1. IsInGamepadPreferredMode = function () return false end
disables Gamepad UI when a Gamepad is in use. Might be worth looking into.
01/20/24, 05:30 AM   #4
FlatBadger

[quote=DakJaniels;49234]Could it be as simple as overriding
Lua Code:
  1. IsESOPlusSubscriber()
with
Lua Code:

Wouldn't that then also have an impact on the player's inventory size if the game thinks they are not a subscriber?
01/20/24, 05:50 AM   #5
DakJaniels
[quote=FlatBadger;49235]
Originally Posted by DakJaniels View Post
Could it be as simple as overriding
Lua Code:
  1. IsESOPlusSubscriber()
with
Lua Code:

Wouldn't that then also have an impact on the player's inventory size if the game thinks they are not a subscriber?

Doesn't change the inventory value.
01/20/24, 08:03 AM   #6
sinnereso
[quote=DakJaniels;49236]
Originally Posted by FlatBadger View Post

Doesn't change the inventory value.
yes it would have an impact on inventory and bank. I'm interested in this feature personally mostly as im only intermittently eso+ and having to completely reorganise my bank and inventories after creating a new toon because it defaults to ON for fresh installs and new characters and moves everything "craftbag" compatible from everywhere into the craftbag just by loggin in and has been rediculous. IMO it should be a feature manually turned on later if desired.

The code I listed does work and changes the feature off but even entered in "addonload" section of my addon isnt fast enough and everything is still moved before it executes that. I was wondering if there is another way maybe in settings.txt or something to have it default to OFF always unless turned on. I've requested this via ticket as well already.

The problem IMO is ZOS has decided for me that I want everything in the craftbag automatically just by becoming ESO+.

Last edited by sinnereso : 01/20/24 at 08:06 AM.
01/20/24, 10:07 AM   #7
Dolgubon

You could try overwriting StowAllVirtualItems

But i think my existing lazy farming addon can solve your issue. What it does is save a snapshot of your craft bag, and then allow you to take out anything that was added in above that. So, you could save the craft bag, create your character, then click a button to remove everything that as added into the craft bag. Then just put that stuff into the bank or wherever you want it. A little roundabout but it achieves your end goal.
01/20/24, 10:49 AM   #8
sinnereso
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
You could try overwriting StowAllVirtualItems

But i think my existing lazy farming addon can solve your issue. What it does is save a snapshot of your craft bag, and then allow you to take out anything that was added in above that. So, you could save the craft bag, create your character, then click a button to remove everything that as added into the craft bag. Then just put that stuff into the bank or wherever you want it. A little roundabout but it achieves your end goal.
Hmm its half whats needed maybe. It doesn't solve the bank completely emptied issue. I have my bank stacked specifically with all crafting mats and any style ingredients required by any furnishing pattern. eso+ imediately drains it all into craftbag on a fresh install or creating a new character. Then im there an hour or two again putting it all back, the furnishing stuff is the worst part.
01/20/24, 11:55 AM   #9
Dolgubon

Sure, it doesn't stop the draining, but on the other hand, it is also going to make it far quicker to read it. Unless you make new characters all the time, it's probably enough. And even if you do make new characters all the time, I don't know that what you are attempting to do will even be possible. If the stowing of materials happens early enough, there will be nothing you can do.
01/20/24, 01:31 PM   #10
sinnereso
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
Sure, it doesn't stop the draining, but on the other hand, it is also going to make it far quicker to read it. Unless you make new characters all the time, it's probably enough. And even if you do make new characters all the time, I don't know that what you are attempting to do will even be possible. If the stowing of materials happens early enough, there will be nothing you can do.
Yah thats what I'm thinkin. I thought I'd ask anyway

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » disable auto add to craftbag for new chars