07/22/17, 06:36 PM   #1
Greevir

Addon Settings Transfer

I have 3 ESO accounts. I use Jovast to transfer addon settings between characters on my main account but it will not work on transferring settings to other accounts. So I came here hoping someone could either point me in the direction of such an addon or possibly put one together. Thanks!
07/23/17, 06:56 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could transfer them manually by copying the saved variables .lua file of each addon from the folder "SavedVariables" to the new pw.
Then edit the filenames with Notepad++ e.g. and replace each found @acocuntname with your new accountname, and each name of a character with the charactername at the new account.
07/24/17, 04:17 AM   #3
Greevir

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You could transfer them manually by copying the saved variables .lua file of each addon from the folder "SavedVariables" to the new pw.
Then edit the filenames with Notepad++ e.g. and replace each found @acocuntname with your new accountname, and each name of a character with the charactername at the new account.
to the new pw? What is that? From what I can tell, each account uses the same .lua file. There's no seperate files for each account. I would have to go into each lua file and manually add in each account and character. Which would be just easier to setup the UI on each character on each account.
07/25/17, 04:03 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
pw = one... Auto correction of smartphone, sorry.

If it's the same PC the files will be the same, yes.
You'd need to find the { [@accountame] = { ...} } constellations and copy them, make a , behind the closing } of the first account (e.g. { [@accountame] = { ...} ,) and then add the next account below like { [@accountame] = { ...}, [@accountame2] = { ...} }.
07/25/17, 06:37 PM   #5
Greevir

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
pw = one... Auto correction of smartphone, sorry.

If it's the same PC the files will be the same, yes.
You'd need to find the { [@accountame] = { ...} } constellations and copy them, make a , behind the closing } of the first account (e.g. { [@accountame] = { ...} ,) and then add the next account below like { [@accountame] = { ...}, [@accountame2] = { ...} }.
Ugh, that sucks. Think I'll just set up the ui for each individual character then. Much easier than going through all those files.
07/26/17, 02:53 AM   #6
Marazota
Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
Ugh, that sucks. Think I'll just set up the ui for each individual character then. Much easier than going through all those files.
its one click
open ALL
search and replace in ALL documents

3 clicks if you will use Notepad ++

and better run every account from another user by /runas user:

that way you will keep every SV files of every account in separate folder

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon Settings Transfer