01/28/16, 07:11 PM   #1
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
2.3 Update

Hey,

2.3 update (Thieves Guild) is coming next week on PTS. -> NOW LIVE !

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...-and-new-video

Last 2.2 thread : http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5196
Last 2.1 thread : http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4892
Last 1.6 thread : http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4235

Placeholders

• Main Axis for Addons

• Maps & Lore : New Zone, New quests -> Datamining
    • Endgame PVE adons -> New Raid
    • Skill addons (tracking, simulation, etc) : New Skillline (passive).
    • Craft / Items Manager : New sets added, New styles added.
    • Caldwell revamp : Level changes for old zones (?).

• New Addons ideas

• Group finder
    • Addons based on the new Thieve Guild functionnalities. (murders, robbering, etc.)
    • Companions management
    • Scrolling Combat Text

• Code itself

There's extracts, tools and methods to use reverse engineering and understand the ESOUI original code. A good frontend has been setup by UESP. Devs who starts to build something "big", you should all know this website or get an extract on your computer, to understand, find and see "how it works" : http://esodata.uesp.net/current/index.html

The "ESOUI" source code (Core Lua Base Game made by Zenimax) is here :
    ESOUI Source code Updated for 2.3.0

• Patchnotes

Nice, quite complete, but they don't get the whole stuff. it's a good start. and we can sometimes discuss with ZOS devs about them.
    ESO 2.3.0 API Patch notes

• Patch Notes TXT

Here, it's ZOS which provide us the data.

ESOUIDocumentationP9.txt

• Dumps

To come :

Achievements dump
    SOUNDS dump
    AvA Keep Dumps
    Books Dump - Shalidor's Library
    "New Zone" POI Dump

• Wiki pages

http://wiki.esoui.com/Globals : DONE How-To update Global page
    http://wiki.esoui.com/Texture_List : DONE How-To update Texture_List page
    http://wiki.esoui.com/Constant_Values : DONE How-To update Constant_Values page
    http://wiki.esoui.com/API : TODO How-To update API page
    http://wiki.esoui.com/Events : DONE How-To update Events page

• Bugs & Unannounced changes

- GetAPIVersion() returns 100013 instead of 100014
    - Plese upgrade your APIVersion in your manifest (.txt files) to 100014 even if game returns that 100013 is still the good one.

• Devs guild on PTS
    • To join, send an ingame mail to @Ayantir, requests will be sent to some devs aswell ! Fell free to chat a bit and share experiences, ask help & tests if needed.

Before 2.3 goes Live, we'll have few things to do :

- Identify Authors who left and Major Addons (with unique features) which REALLY need love. New authors interested to take a project are strongly encouraged to check the list (todo.)

This list is establishhed by me.
I consider top downloads as a priority, then for each addon, I check :
last update, comments activity, author & maintener last login on esoui and kind of update (lib update , bug fix or new features).
Some outdated addons may not be here, that's because : Author mainteners still have some activity. Addon has clearly duplicate features with an active addon. Addon popularity is too low (for my point of view).

Don't forget that if your work is yours while you're here, since you leave eso, it clearly goes to the "eso community", anyone is free to take back your work with or without your permission, especially if you're silent. Some folks ask, others don't, others merge your addons features into theirs.

Please consider writing a licence, some comments (in lua files, website anywhere you want, pm admins) if you're having some special requests about credits.

- List things that you didn't liked on last topic, or just say what you would like to see improved about our discussions. about the topic, the wiki, or other things related to dev chat.

- Other things, feel free to discuss, ask, etc

If you're an author and don't have plans / motivation to continue your addons, please let us know

Have fun

Quoted in 2.2

DEAD

Unmaintened :

TODO

Last edited by Ayantir : 03/02/16 at 12:48 PM.
01/28/16, 07:25 PM   #2
Ayantir

Spam

I'll try to see if some features of Librarian should be added to Lorebooks.
If you know (have) an addon which could do this, don't hesitate, I don't know them a lot.

I've added 2 categories to the old template,

Main Axis for Addons

Maps & Lore : New Zone, New quests -> Datamining
Endgame PVE adons -> New Raid
Skill addons (tracking, simulation, etc) : New Skillline (passive).
Craft / Items Manager : New sets added, New styles added.
Caldwell revamp : Level changes for old zones (?).

New Addons ideas

Group finder
Addons based on the new Thieve Guild functionnalities. (murders, robbering, etc.)
Companions management
Scrolling Combat Text

Please consider them and think to something cool about the quote

Last edited by Ayantir : 01/28/16 at 07:32 PM.
01/28/16, 07:48 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Great job on the thread Ayantir! Thanks

Looking forward to 2.3 on PTS.
01/28/16, 08:02 PM   #4
merlight
Where is the awesome button? I mean: where is the >AWESOME< button?! I couldn't stop laughing after Homer's "Yoohoo!", but that raccoon, I can't even...
01/29/16, 04:26 AM   #5
SnowmanDK

I love the Patchnotes animation
01/29/16, 05:18 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

Awesome work Ayantir! Thanks for always doing these threads. It's great to have a plan. (You should also join us on Gitter, merlight too)

I am not sure if "AvA Keep Dumps" is that useful as the ids seem to be different between servers.

As for Librarian Book Manager, I still have my half finished addon with a list of *where* books have been found. Maybe I'll combine them and integrate them into Lorebooks...

P.S:
01/29/16, 07:39 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hahaha I can#t stop laughing. Thanks for your always nice and funny ideas, starting with the up2date threads, going on with "The Rolling Stones" and now this thread hahahah

Hope the thiefes guild update won#t break so much with the running addons.

I'm looking forward for some "Patchnotes?"
01/29/16, 09:31 AM   #8
sirinsidiator

I wrote a Getting Started guide that we can link whenever we spot a new addon author that is lost. Tell me what you think and feel free to improve it and add things that I may have missed.
01/29/16, 09:41 AM   #9
Wandamey
I find a bit weird to redirect the beginners to the chat. It's very impractical to browse for formerly solved issues.
I rather have the noob questions all here for anybody to learn from them with a simple search request, as it is already very intimidating to start from scratch. I know that for a fact.

but nice move overall.
01/29/16, 10:39 AM   #10
sirinsidiator

I meant they can ask their question in chat, not search for previous answers there. If that part is not clear enough, maybe I should reformulate it?
01/29/16, 10:51 AM   #11
Wandamey
No it's very clear

what I mean it just that 2 points :

1) all problems solved in chat room have no trace here and are bound to be asked again and again.
Although i understand that if there is no answer here why not ask somewhere else. But as the same people in the chat room are probably also browsing the forum here at the same time, why spreading the data?

2) beginners as the one you are speaking to in the beginner paragraph (me included) just click the link and fall in a chat for "developpers" and can feel like they don't have anything to do with an account here as a non -pro non even yet- developper. Maybe link it in the Advanced section?
01/29/16, 10:55 AM   #12
sirinsidiator

1) That's what the FAQ in the wiki is for. If some question gets answered in chat over and over, then someone should add it there.
2) The chat is for beginners and developers alike. You should also join us there. We had pretty productive discussions and answered many questions that beginners would usually never post on the forums over the last few days.
01/29/16, 11:03 AM   #13
Wandamey
i clicked and saw people with 50+ "repositories" i don't even know what a repository is for. I didn't see any noob there. Maybe noob at ESO API, but not at programming. More chance of it if it were a Yahoo chatroom or anything else though.

I'm sure I would have read this last year I may have been discouraged to start my first addon. Especially if it has come just after a very noobfriendly indroduction. It's a bit dissonant. That's what I mean by "weird"
01/29/16, 11:22 AM   #14
sirinsidiator

The chat is not meant for experts only. It is meant for everyone from beginner to seasoned developer.
Putting that part into the advanced developer part is like saying "Don't enter there until you know your ways", which is not what we made the chat for. Saying having "50+" repositories is intimidating and driving you away from chat is like saying you can't friend someone with 500 Facebook friends when you just created your account. You gotta start somewhere and repositories are not an indication for anything as you can create any number of them right after you logged in for the first time anyways. Besides of the 13 people in there only three have more than 10 repos and I am not one of them.

Also we may need to switch to a different chat platform soon anyways as it seems like gitter only allows 25 people in free rooms.

EDIT: I changed the Beginner section a bit. Maybe it is less dissonant like this?

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 01/29/16 at 11:32 AM.
01/29/16, 11:35 AM   #15
Wandamey
I'm not debating here, you're asking how we feel, I tell you how I feel.

It is just me probably. And I have the chance to know already that i'll get all the help I need right here independantly of this chatroom. Maybe someone else can wonder, so I hope my statement can reassure too.

Edit: read the edit and lol actually yes it helps without the you-us thing. I would still freak out but hey you gave me enough good advices so I don't have to get there

Last edited by Wandamey : 01/29/16 at 11:38 AM.
01/29/16, 12:04 PM   #16
Randactyl
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Also we may need to switch to a different chat platform soon anyways as it seems like gitter only allows 25 people in free rooms.
Dolby mentioned that too. Haggen found some details that suggest public rooms don't have a user limit:

01/29/16, 01:11 PM   #17
Wandamey
mmmh for the beginners I was rechecking how I processed as in :

1rst I didn't like a certain text color in an addon (no it wasn't even one of Khrills ) and I spend some time browsing for it in some lua and xml files, found it, changed it but decided that I hated XML

I say that because starting straight with a lua lecture is maybe not the funnier way to start. But then again my POV.

then in another addon, I enhanced an info for my needs then I wanted another info until I needed to add so many more infos that I had to do it from scratch myself. It was thrilling, but my first big "Oh **** whatamagonnado" failure arrived when I switched to french to test it.

maybe a little warning about the multilanguage if someone is to upload his addon for all to use?
01/29/16, 02:03 PM   #18
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by Wandamey View Post
(no it wasn't even one of Khrills )
we know, we are not newschools here
01/29/16, 04:43 PM   #19
SnowmanDK

One thing that I am curious about, mostly because Destinations relies heavily on coordinates...
Are ZOS scaling maps again???

Last edited by SnowmanDK : 01/29/16 at 04:56 PM.
01/29/16, 04:56 PM   #20
SnowmanDK

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
As for Librarian Book Manager, I still have my half finished addon with a list of *where* books have been found. Maybe I'll combine them and integrate them into Lorebooks...[/IMG]
I have actually started collecting data about where I find ALL books for Eidetic Memory.
Destinations can do that, but for now it's a hidden command that triggers the collecting, as I wanna make sure I do it right.
I started working on it, as I would like to try and find every single book in the game (over time).
I may add a switch to toggle collecting just as with Quest givers later, and then update Destinations Extractor to handle the lorebooks too... We'll see...

But if you consider adding those books to Lorebooks, then I won't add it to Destinations

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » 2.3 Update