05/28/16, 04:01 PM   #1
dorrino
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ACTION_RESULT_ROOTED not firing and SCT events registration.

Taking these questions out of my previous thread for greater visibility.

I wasn't able to find any information about the subject, so here it is.

1. It seems that EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT nevers fires for ACTION_RESULT_ROOTED. I observed that ACTION_RESULT_SNARED fires for both roots and snares, though. Is there a way to determine if your character is rooted and rooted only?

2. How do you register for SCT events? ESO API references a bunch of SCT constants and SCT functions, but nowhere i could find SCT events themselves nor ways to register for them. If ZOS just didn't provide those, then what's the point of providing the constants related to the events?

Thanks
05/29/16, 01:48 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by dorrino View Post
Taking these questions out of my previous thread for greater visibility.

I wasn't able to find any information about the subject, so here it is.

1. It seems that EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT nevers fires for ACTION_RESULT_ROOTED. I observed that ACTION_RESULT_SNARED fires for both roots and snares, though. Is there a way to determine if your character is rooted and rooted only?

2. How do you register for SCT events? ESO API references a bunch of SCT constants and SCT functions, but nowhere i could find SCT events themselves nor ways to register for them. If ZOS just didn't provide those, then what's the point of providing the constants related to the events?

Thanks
1. Just a wild guess, but maybe they changed roots internally to be snares at 100% for some reason?
2. SCTEventType is used in some of the API functions for the SCT (GetSCTEventVisualInfoId, SetSCTEventVisualInfo, IsSCTSlotEventTypeShown, SetSCTSlotEventTypeShown, GetSCTSlotEventVisualInfo, SetSCTSlotEventVisualInfo) which are not used in the UI itself, but available for addons.
05/30/16, 02:47 PM   #3
dorrino
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
1. Just a wild guess, but maybe they changed roots internally to be snares at 100% for some reason?
That's interesting. It that's so, there could be a difference in a value in the event, like snares have it <1 and roots have it as 1. Will check it out. Thanks.

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
2. SCTEventType is used in some of the API functions for the SCT (GetSCTEventVisualInfoId, SetSCTEventVisualInfo, IsSCTSlotEventTypeShown, SetSCTSlotEventTypeShown, GetSCTSlotEventVisualInfo, SetSCTSlotEventVisualInfo) which are not used in the UI itself, but available for addons.
I'm still examining SCT api. There's literally no information about it, besides what ZOS provided in api patch notes.
05/31/16, 08:03 AM   #4
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I believe that a snare over 100% is used to do a root. We could probably break out the action results into snare, root, and speed boost like SCT does if that helps.
05/31/16, 03:10 PM   #5
dorrino
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I believe that a snare over 100% is used to do a root. We could probably break out the action results into snare, root, and speed boost like SCT does if that helps.
Please do. At least for consistency with SCT. ACTION_RESULT_ROOTED indeed firing for 100% snares should be enough. I'm currently building an addon similar to WoW on-screen CC announcer and haven't been able to find a way to detect if your character is rooted. While SCT reported "ROOTED" status all the time

Speaking of SCT, i'm quite new at Lua progamming, but is my current understanding correct that i can't change parameters of default SCTEventVisualInfoId's?

So if let's say i want to alter the font size just for one particular SCT event, i need to create my own SCTEventVisualInfoId, then attach it to a SCT slot, set it up and disable default output for this SCTevent through game options?

I tried to find the current SCTEventVisualInfoId and GetSCTEventVisualInfoId(SCT_EVENT...) returned 0 for a dozen SCTeventIds i tried. And while GetSCTEventVisualInfoTextFontSizes(0,...) returned some values for font sizes SetSCTEventVisualInfoTextFontSizes(0,...) had no effect on them, so i assumed SCTEventVisualInfoId - 0 is protected.

There's literally no information online about anybody making a SCT related addon, so all i have is good old trial and error and some help would be awesome.

Thank you.

Last edited by dorrino : 05/31/16 at 03:23 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » ACTION_RESULT_ROOTED not firing and SCT events registration.