10/23/16, 08:08 AM   #1
MagiczneTornado
Invisible Mysterious addon frame

As title says. There is some mysterious frame floating on my screen that is invisible.

It does not appear all the time, but when it does it overlays with everything else. I usually notice it when im trying to left click on my chat and it doesent work. Then i right click in that very place and suddenly something like this appears:

http://i.imgur.com/xnT4i8F.jpg

The red square is the area where i right click and this thing comes up.

Trying to click on any of those options like tell, whisper, travel to player does nothing "character not found". Only disband group is working.

I dont recally any of addons i use is having such feature like comes up there. What i use:

Advanced Filters
AUI
AT_TIMER
AUto REcharge
AwesomeGuildStore
Azurah
BuffTimers
Chat2Clipboard
Combatmetrics
Destinations
LazyWritCraft
Emacs
ESO Master Recipe List
FCO Craft Filter
Goto
Harvenst Skill window
Harvens Trait
HarvestMap
Inventory Insight From Ashes
Item Saver
Itemization Browser
Khrill Enchanter
Lorebooks
Lost Treasure
LUIE
MailR
MM
MultiCraft
No, Thank You!
Plunder Skull
RaidNotifier
Srendarr
SkyShards
SpentSP
TOM
Unified Chat Tabs
Votan's Keybinder
WPamA
Wykkyd Outfitter
10/23/16, 08:15 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It looks (from the popup menu) like something that got to do with grouping or changed group frames!
I'd start to disable addons one by one to see which one is the culprit.

From your list I'd start with AUI or something that interacts with your group frames.
10/23/16, 09:34 AM   #3
MagiczneTornado
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
It looks (from the popup menu) like something that got to do with grouping or changed group frames!
I'd start to disable addons one by one to see which one is the culprit.

From your list I'd start with AUI or something that interacts with your group frames.

The problem is i cant replicate this issue frequently enough to try this.

Right after i made screenshots and posted about it here, i ported from elden root wayshrine to haven wayshrine (all within Grathwood) and the frame would stay but as soon as i teleported to craglorn it was gone.

I joined other group where i wasnt leader, asked someone to pass me crown and see if it activates again but no. Right now i invited someone to group and see if it triggers it but its gone too.

It will probably appear again in few days under unknown condition and im pretty sure that if i tried to disable addons one by one, simple /reloadui would make it dissapear.

My best shot is in someone knowing part of what addon this is if they use that feature on daily basis.
10/23/16, 09:50 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ok another approach:

Install the addon ZGOO. it's for developers but can help you as well here!
If the error appears again move the mouse over this context menu entries and let it there.
Press RETURN to get into the chat and enter the following command and execute it with the RETURN key again:

Code:
/zgoo mouse
In an upcoming ZGOO variable inspector window you can see a list of the information about the current control BELOW your moue (the popup menu entry).

Have a look at the function GetName() and what the name is that is shown there.
Or click thought GetParent() funciton to open the parent control of the context menu entry and check GetName() in there.

The name will probably/hopefully show you the name of the addon that "owns the popup window".
10/23/16, 12:02 PM   #5
Randactyl
You could also search for the strings you see in your addon folder. There are many tools to batch search through text files.
10/24/16, 03:51 AM   #6
MagiczneTornado
Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
You could also search for the strings you see in your addon folder. There are many tools to batch search through text files.

That did the trick! AUI is the culprit.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Invisible Mysterious addon frame