01/14/17, 01:42 PM   #1
OSean980
Addon to change position and size of item lock icon

I find the lock icon in the inventory to be huge and obtrusive. It makes scrolling through my inventory to find items that I don't have locked very difficult. So far, I haven't found an addon that modifies it. If there's any author that would create this addon, I would appreciate it very much.

Here, you can see the giant ugly padlocks, and they interfere with Outfitter's icon placement as well. Maybe shrink the lock down to 1/4 its size and put it on the top left corner?

Last edited by OSean980 : 01/14/17 at 01:45 PM.
01/14/17, 01:47 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe try another lock and filter addon which is able to change the size, look etc. of its lock icons.
In addition it is working with many other addons like AdvancedFilters, which are easily able to show/hide your inventory items in need.

Try the addon FCOItemSaver.
01/18/17, 12:51 AM   #3
OSean980
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Maybe try another lock and filter addon which is able to change the size, look etc. of its lock icons.
In addition it is working with many other addons like AdvancedFilters, which are easily able to show/hide your inventory items in need.

Try the addon FCOItemSaver.
I've tried almost every filtering addon at some point in the past. Even with the filters, it's nearly impossible to identify unbound dungeon pieces among locked pieces without looking at each item individually. I'd like to be able to just scroll through the list and know what is bound, unbound, locked, tradeable, etc. Even using modifications for filtering addons such as a bound/unbound filter doesn't help my case because unbound tradeable dungeon items are mixed in with unbound locked items.
01/18/17, 12:56 AM   #4
Rhyono
I haven't messed with filtering addons much, but do any of them offer the ability to temporarily hide locked items? I'm assuming such a functionality would at least help with your issue?
01/18/17, 01:08 AM   #5
OSean980
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
I haven't messed with filtering addons much, but do any of them offer the ability to temporarily hide locked items? I'm assuming such a functionality would at least help with your issue?
I spent a good amount of time looking through all the filtering addons a few weeks ago and I didn't find any that could hide locked items. I'd initially thought that functionality would be ideal, but I figured it would be easier to just change the size/position of the lock. I'd be pleased to have the ability to do either of them. It would greatly improve my ability to scroll through my 100-occupation minimum bag.
01/18/17, 11:20 PM   #6
Rhyono
You might want to ask one of the filter authors if they could implement this:

ZO_PlayerInventoryList<LIST#>Row<SLOT#>StatusTexture:SetScale(.5)
OR
ZO_PlayerInventoryList<LIST#>Row<SLOT#>StatusTexture:SetDimensions(16,16)

They'd have to loop through all of the items or whatever method they use to check these things but here's a picture showing the difference between normal (bottom) and modified (top):

01/20/17, 01:04 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As I recommended you're able to achieve your goals with AdvancedFilters and FCOItemSaver.
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2...edFilters.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info6...ItemSaver.html

You just need totake your time and change the settings of the addons and read the descriptions of the addons to understand how they work.

AdvancedFilters gives you easy pulugins to just show your unbound/bound items
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...terplugin.html
And there is one plugin already included to show the "bound on pickup" items from dungeons, like written in the changelog:
Code:
v1.3.3.0 - Randactyl
- fixed an issue with BoP tradeable filter. If you're feeling adventurous and helpful, open AdvancedFilters.txt and remove the "## " from the beginning of the last line. You will then have a dropdown filter for bind on pickup items which are in a tradeable state in both the Weapons and Armor main filters. Let me know if it works!
The filter plugins of AdvancedFilters are located in the dropdown boxes at the top right edge of your inventory (see the screenshot below: The "All" dropdown box)

Select the filters from there and right-click the dropdownbox to disable all filters or invert the current selected filter.

e.g. select only "bound items" and then your inventory will only show the bound items (in addition it will only show you the medium parts if you have selected armor -> medium in AdvancedFilters subfilters of the inventory.

Once you've filtered all itms so you only see what you want you can mark them using keybindings one by one, using FCOItemSaver.
Or you simply use the small flag symbol at the top left edge of the inventory (need to enable these addiitonal inventory buttons in the addons settings of FCOItemSaver) to mark all shown items with a marker icon:

As the items got marked with a marker icon you#re able to filter them too (show/hide/show only these marked) by using the 4 filter buttons at the lower line of your inventory:

Right click this filter buttons (need to enable the context menus for filter buttons in the addons settings of FCOIS) to choose just one marker icon, or to reste it to all of this filter again.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to change position and size of item lock icon