04/05/17, 09:53 PM   #1
Spatch
Add Ons not showing up

Hi there!

Having a problem with my add ons. For some reason, when I log into the game, they simply stopped showing up in the Add On menu, and in the game proper. I run Master Merchant and LIU Extended.

I tried rebooting. No dice. Tried re-installing the game. Nada.

All the add on files/folders are in the appropriate location (C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns)

I updated the add ons. Downloaded Minion.

Nothing I do works, and the add ons simply do not show up in game.

What was strange was the problem started after I rebooted my system for reasons unrelated to ESO. When I started ESO back up, it prompted me through all of the EULA screens, and I had to accept all of the EULA, terms, conditions etc. like I'd never logged into the game before.

This is all thoroughly puzzling and frustrating.

Any assistance is much appreciated.....

-Spatch
04/06/17, 02:55 AM   #2
Valve

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,

It's possible the game is looking in a different folder.

For example, you can have the standard Documents folder for ESO and the same folder in OneDrive where ESO may actually be storing the data.

See if you have OneDrive enabled or whether you may have another ESO folder being stored elsewhere.
You will probably have to change Minion's saved addon path to get it to download and update addons in the correct locations.

Good luck,

Danny
04/06/17, 08:54 AM   #3
Spatch
Originally Posted by Valve View Post
Hi,

It's possible the game is looking in a different folder.

For example, you can have the standard Documents folder for ESO and the same folder in OneDrive where ESO may actually be storing the data.

See if you have OneDrive enabled or whether you may have another ESO folder being stored elsewhere.
You will probably have to change Minion's saved addon path to get it to download and update addons in the correct locations.

Good luck,

Danny
Ok, thanks for your suggestion. I did a search on my computer for "Addons" and found another folder in another part of my C:/ drive that was empty. When I put my add on filers/folders in this new Addons folder, my adds on showed back up in ESO. So, problem solved.

Puzzled why a new folder would be created and why ESO would be looking for add ons in this new folder.

But anyways, thanks for your suggestion...it helped me solve my problem.

-Spatch
05/06/19, 10:48 AM   #4
Sescheraun
Minions are being stubborn

I had the same problem, I found the two places that they appear on my hard drive and tried to tell minion to put them in the correct location but minion will not seem to change its target directory.

I have the stated folder in

users/XXXXX/documents...

and in

this PC/documents...

I was under the impression that these folders were supposed to be the same, but they are not.

Minion puts the mods in the first one. I tried to copy the mods to the second one, which seems to have the active game files in it but they still do not show up. I checked one drive and the only thing there seems to be the screenshots.

Last edited by Sescheraun : 05/06/19 at 11:48 AM. Reason: providing more information

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Add Ons not showing up