09/12/16, 12:12 AM   #1
BigMons

Lightbulb Soul Gem Filled Notification

I was wondering if someone could make an addon that can track when a soul gem gets filled? I have RAETIA Infohub, and it keeps track of the filled and empty gems for me, but I'd like to see an onscreen alert and possibly have a sound effect (selectable) fire when I trap a soul. I envision this working very much like the Killing Blow alert in the addon TweakIt by Circonian where you can toggle the message on/off and choose the sound via a drop-down menu in settings.

There is an old addon called Soul Gem Notifier that supposedly prints a chat message when you obtain a new filled soul gem in the inventory, but I don't know if it still works (about to try it out) and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do an onscreen alert or play any sounds. I don't know if the API has a way to track this or not other than the method that Soul Gem Notifier was using. There may be a few different events. I know there is a gear set, something oblivion that can capture souls, and I personally use the soul magic passive Soul Lock on one character. Then there is the standard Soul Trap skill. I guess the method used by Soul Gem Notifier would work if there isn't another method, but it would fire the alert even if you just looted a filled gem or got one in the mail or out of the bank etc. Not a big deal really I suppose.

EDIT: I tried adding the addon "ChatAlert LAM2 + ESO 3 Patch" to detect the "Filled a Soul Gem" message and fire off a sound, but it doesn't seem to work. It plays the sound if i type "Filled a Soul Gem" into chat, but when Soul Gem Notifier sends the message to chat, the Chat Alert addon doesn't pick up the message and play the sound. Was worth a shot I suppose.

Last edited by BigMons : 09/12/16 at 01:15 AM.
09/12/16, 03:57 AM   #2
Scootworks

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
do you want a Center Screen message with Sound?

if yes, add after line 28 ( d("|r|c00FFFF Filled a Soul Gem") ) this:

Code:
CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE:AddMessage(CSA_EVENT_LARGE_TEXT, SOUNDS.AVA_GATE_OPENED, "|r|c00FFFF Filled a Soul Gem")

Last edited by Scootworks : 09/12/16 at 04:13 AM.
09/12/16, 08:59 PM   #3
BigMons

Here is what I have now, but it doesn't seem to affect the addon in any way. I made the change before I loaded the game, and also checked it again while in-game and reloaded ui, but no change.
09/12/16, 09:16 PM   #4
Scootworks

ok, but that happens only if you fill a soulgem... just to be sure: did you skill "Soul Lock" passive in Soul Magic? At Level 2 you have 10% Chance to automatically fill a Soul gem with "weapon skills" (light and heavy attacks or some attacks of the weapon tree)

edit: and sorry, i just copy paste the text, Change it to:
Code:
CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE:AddMessage(CSA_EVENT_LARGE_TEXT, SOUNDS.AVA_GATE_OPENED, "|c00FFFF Filled a Soul Gem|r")

Last edited by Scootworks : 09/12/16 at 09:21 PM.
09/12/16, 09:44 PM   #5
BigMons

Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
ok, but that happens only if you fill a soulgem... just to be sure: did you skill "Soul Lock" passive in Soul Magic? At Level 2 you have 10% Chance to automatically fill a Soul gem with "weapon skills" (light and heavy attacks or some attacks of the weapon tree)
I do have Soul Lock 2/2 for 10% chance, but for testing, I started using the Soul Trap skill so that I could guarantee a 100% chance to fill a soul gem. I pasted in the data you gave and then trapped a soul. I received the "Filled a Soul Gem" notification in the chat window, but nothing onscreen nor did any sound play. I'm continuing to try different modifications, but it's trial and error since I'm not a coder lol. The only other addon that I can think of offhand that I have that creates an announcement is Master Merchant, which I've looked at, but it uses variables and is more complex.

EDIT: I tried the file that you sent me. It still seems to work fine as far as putting the message into the chat box, but still no onscreen announcement.

EDIT: I'll switch to the test server without any other addons for a clean environment.

Last edited by BigMons : 09/12/16 at 09:51 PM. Reason: tried PM'd file
09/12/16, 10:01 PM   #6
Scootworks

i'm not at home, i can't test it will be at home in about 8-9h

Code:
CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE:AddMessage(0, CSA_EVENT_LARGE_TEXT, SOUNDS.AVA_GATE_OPENED, "|c00FFFF Filled a Soul Gem|r")
maybe if you add the "0," it will work (i hope)
09/12/16, 10:15 PM   #7
BigMons

Thumbs up Resolved

Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
maybe if you add the "0," it will work (i hope)
LOL, the "0" fixed it! Now I'll look into changing the sound. Probably need to look at the developer utilities/mods to figure out the correct syntax and to find the sounds. If you were on the PC/NA server, I'd send you some gold. Thanks!

EDIT: Was able to change the sound as well.

Last edited by BigMons : 09/12/16 at 10:27 PM.
09/12/16, 10:45 PM   #8
Scootworks

no i'm on EU Server, i don't Need Gold i'm thankful if the other devs helping me too

you will find a list with all sounds here: http://wiki.esoui.com/Sounds

have fun

Last edited by Scootworks : 09/12/16 at 11:18 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Soul Gem Filled Notification