06/16/17, 09:20 AM   #1
ObserverTim
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What did I click?

I am brand spanking new to Lua (but with a good chunk of experience in other coding/scripting languages). I've figured out how to trap an item looted and display it, and now I'm wondering how to detect what item I just clicked on/looted. For example,

If I open a barrel, a simple message like "looted barrel"
For a sack, "looted sack"
For looting a corpse "looted corpse"

Don't worry about that last one if it ups the complexity too much, the main goal is to see what I get from various types of containers. And no, I have no idea what the final goal is yet. I can already read what I looted, now I want to know what I looted it from.

I would appreciate greatly any wisdom I can get. As I said before, I do speak programmer, I just don't speak ESO UI (yet).
06/16/17, 09:44 AM   #2
Rhyono
You might want to take a look at No Interact. It blacklists containers based on reticle focus, so looking at the code there might better help you with what you're looting. Unless someone has a more direct approach.
06/16/17, 11:21 AM   #3
Dolgubon

Check out the writ creator in the loothandler.lua file. IIRC there's a function in there to get the name of the current loot window. I use it to checknif the container is a writ reward container

Edit: It's GetLootTargetInfo()

Last edited by Dolgubon : 06/16/17 at 12:14 PM.
06/19/17, 02:29 AM   #4
ObserverTim
Thanks!

Thanks very much, guys! I'll look around both of these and see if I can suss it out. At the very least it will be an excellent learning experience!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » What did I click?