09/20/17, 11:07 AM   #1
Octopuss

Request: custom mouse cursors

I have lots of Harvest Map pins enabled all the time, and quite often simply can't find my position on the map, because the default cursor is pretty much invisible. Turning pins off one by one is not a solution.
Thus, I am looking for an addon that would let me/us select custom cursor. My idea is the possibility to pick a colour, and possibly a variant of the cursor with an outline for even better visibility.

Anyone interested in creating something?
09/20/17, 01:01 PM   #2
Svor

Originally Posted by Octopuss View Post
I have lots of Harvest Map pins enabled all the time, and quite often simply can't find my position on the map, because the default cursor is pretty much invisible. Turning pins off one by one is not a solution.
Thus, I am looking for an addon that would let me/us select custom cursor. My idea is the possibility to pick a colour, and possibly a variant of the cursor with an outline for even better visibility.

Anyone interested in creating something?
I second this. Many times I can't see the curser due to size and or color.
09/20/17, 01:17 PM   #3
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Like this? I'm not sure where things ended up on it, though.
09/20/17, 02:47 PM   #4
syzgod
Is Harvest Map not come with a keybind to turn off all pins then back? That would be a nice touch.

Or a pulse around your position just like the rally pulse in a PvP zone.
09/20/17, 10:39 PM   #5
Octopuss

Originally Posted by syzgod View Post
Is Harvest Map not come with a keybind to turn off all pins then back? That would be a nice touch.
I'll check that out. That would be a viable workaround.
Differently coloured default cursor would be nice though.

Is it possible to dynamically change texture colour in an UI element (I presume that's what it is) based on some settings, or would there need to be several separate textures users would choose from?
09/23/17, 10:07 AM   #6
Anceane

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...Pins.html#info

After a request I made, Votan added it to this addon. You can choose the colour of the pin as you want.

Works fine
09/23/17, 01:38 PM   #7
Octopuss

Originally Posted by Anceane View Post
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...Pins.html#info

After a request I made, Votan added it to this addon. You can choose the colour of the pin as you want.

Works fine
I don't see any mention of the game's cursor there, and the addon was last updated in early august.
I think you misunderstood what I requested.

edit: not cursor, nevermind - see below

Last edited by Octopuss : 09/23/17 at 03:16 PM.
09/23/17, 02:07 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What do you mean by "cursor"? You said you can't find yourself on the map so cursor stans for "player pin" on the map?

Or the real "cursor" of the mouse if you have activated the mouse mode in the menus?
09/23/17, 03:15 PM   #9
Octopuss

Ok ok, I am stupid. Nevermind what I wrote - I've been staring into the monitor far too long today.
Of course I meant the player pin.
But looking at the addon's screenshots again, I don't think it does what I am looking for anyway. Differently coloured group pins are definitely useful, but I was talking about my own pin.

Though when I think about it, sometimes during trials or zerg dolmen runs, having the actual cursor in different colour would be nice too.
09/23/17, 06:57 PM   #10
Anceane

Originally Posted by Octopuss View Post
Ok ok, I am stupid. Nevermind what I wrote - I've been staring into the monitor far too long today.
Of course I meant the player pin.
But looking at the addon's screenshots again, I don't think it does what I am looking for anyway. Differently coloured group pins are definitely useful, but I was talking about my own pin.

Though when I think about it, sometimes during trials or zerg dolmen runs, having the actual cursor in different colour would be nice too.
I actually use this addon. You can just not use the group pin changes and only use the module for the pin player as I said.
My own pin is RED

Addon changes :
version 1.0.1:
- Allow to change color of player pin.
* A new texture for player pin: Do not install while ESO is running.
- Removed unused code.

Also Votan is actually maintenant a lot of addons and is very present. When an addon is not updated its because there was no need, it is working fine.
09/24/17, 04:48 AM   #11
Octopuss

Ah ok, it was an old changelog. I thought you meant something recent. I will give it a try.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: custom mouse cursors