06/19/17, 02:02 PM   #1
manavortex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Housing: Permission fine tuning

Hey there,
I was very excited upon discovering HOUSE_PERMISSION_SETTING_USE_OBJECTS in the API, since it seemed like the solution to my lighting problem. However, when I disabled it via API, all it did was preventing people from entering at all.

HOUSE_PERMISSION_SETTING_USE_ASSISTANTS and HOUSE_PERMISSION_SETTING_USE_CRAFTING_STATIONS didn't have any effect at all. I tried it with a different account that was a member of my guild - tried to set it both for
HOUSE_PERMISSION_USER_GROUP_GENERAL and HOUSE_PERMISSION_USER_GROUP_GUILD.

Would you mind fixing that soon? I've seen your amazing JumpToSpecificHouse(userId, houseId) that is almost exactly what I wished for, other than that instead of userId it checks for characterName - but that way, I can visit whonmever I like! Yay!
I already got the AddOn done, but can't release it for obvious reasons. I can't trust people not to turn off my lights.

06/22/17, 09:04 PM   #2
Granpafishy
Wait, so your not releasing it because you're afraid of people turning off the lights in you homes?

06/23/17, 07:25 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes and she is absolutely right to do so!
It's too much work to enable all the lights manually again each time.

Maybe your house only got 1 candle but her's doesn't

06/23/17, 09:48 AM   #4
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
These custom permissions (ones outside of the premade sets) are not fully implemented or exposed. I'll see about adding it to the schedule of things to implement.

06/24/17, 05:57 AM   #5
manavortex

Awesome, Chip. Thank you very much.

06/25/17, 08:55 PM   #6
Granpafishy
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Yes and she is absolutely right to do so!
It's too much work to enable all the lights manually again each time.

Maybe your house only got 1 candle but her's doesn't
My main had over 150 lights.

07/12/17, 12:56 PM   #7
manavortex

http://esoui.com/downloads/info1758-...endsHouse.html
This just got more urgent.

07/12/17, 01:18 PM   #8
Rhyono
All your light are belong to us.

07/12/17, 03:51 PM   #9
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
It should still be possible to restrict these people from entering your house though right?

07/12/17, 04:05 PM   #10
Rhyono
I don't do much with houses so you'll have to pardon any ignorance on my part but:

You have a guild hall with hundreds of people having access.
Someone has a light switch obsession.
Are our actions in a house recorded somewhere so that you could see who touched the lights?
If so: manually defenestrate them.
If not: that is why this is necessary.

07/13/17, 02:20 AM   #11
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
It should still be possible to restrict these people from entering your house though right?
I think she doesn't want to lock them out completely. It would be nice if we had 2 flavors of visitor permissions. One who can toggle lights and the other who can't. Or maybe just restrict it for visitors and leave it only to decorators and the owner. Afterall switching a light off is changing how the house looks and thus shouldn't be possible for normal visitors. I think that would make a lot of people very happy.

ps. an api to save and restore the state of a light would also be nice.

07/13/17, 05:49 AM   #12
manavortex

But whom? There are dozens of people in my social guild. I don't want to lock them all out of my houses by default.

Are our actions in a house recorded somewhere so that you could see who touched the lights?
They are not.

I have run a high level surveillance on our guild hall, including an add-on that would immediately start screenshotting the guild list and logging offline changes whenever I was in my house and someone would jump in my proximity, because I figured that whoever did it was probably the type of person moving like frogger. I've been set to offline mode, lurking for days, trying to catch the asshat who did that, but to no avail. (I couldn't be online 24/7, although I certainly tried). I had narrowed the list of suspects down on two dozen people who were all online during the incidents when I realised what I was doing and decided to just abandon the guild hall (that I have spent hours and several million gold furnishing) until the problem was fixed.

Since that was ages ago, I have people now who go there, wait at least ten minutes, and then tell me that it's safe to go.

I know of several guild mates who have their houses locked by default and only open it when you ask them, just because of that kind of situation. (Yes, all of those suffer from some sort of OCD.)

So I would either like a log, so that I know which players to exclude from using my add-ons ever again, kick from my guild, erase from my friends list and send assassins after, or an option to fine-tune the permissions so that anyone who is not a decorator can't change the lights.

One will involve far less butthurt and bloodshed.

Last edited by manavortex : 07/13/17 at 06:34 AM.

03/19/18, 03:35 PM   #13
Cardinal05
In the meantime...

In the meantime... check this out if you can. <3
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...reBeLight.html

03/20/18, 02:15 AM   #14
manavortex

Unfortunately, that can't restore lights to their default state, because there's still no way to read that. It can only restore lights to their initial state. It's a great AddOn, though!

@Chip: A workaround for the permission fine tuning would be to give us a way to read an interactable's state via API. That way, we could at least store the light states and restore them automatically via AddOn.

03/20/18, 01:40 PM   #15
Cardinal05
Originally Posted by manavortex View Post
Unfortunately, that can't restore lights to their default state, because there's still no way to read that. It can only restore lights to their initial state. It's a great AddOn, though!

@Chip: A workaround for the permission fine tuning would be to give us a way to read an interactable's state via API. That way, we could at least store the light states and restore them automatically via AddOn.
That's a good point -- it does only restore lights/other interactive furnishings to their initial state (the state that they are in when you first place them in the house). As long as your light fixtures are the kind that initialize as "On," this add-on will work for you (there are some lighting items that are not -- but the majority are).

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Housing: Permission fine tuning