07/13/17, 03:23 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] More fine grained guild permissions

Now that we got a new permission for hiding the gold in a guild bank, it would be nice if we could have separated permissions for hiring a trader and bidding for a trader.

Allowing more members to have the hiring permission would make hunting for a backup trader in case of a lost bid a lot easier, but at the same time bidding permissions are dangerous because they can be used to lock a guild into a "bad" spot and also because someone could place a bid with all the gold a guild has in order to ruin it.

Another nice thing would be a per user override for permissions or maybe groups of permssions which can be assigned per rank or per users. Ranks are nice, but sometimes I want to have one or more users in a certain rank and give them some permission without affecting others. For example when I have a kiosk scout group and want to give them the "hire trader" permission, I don't want to have to move them to a separate rank and only temporarily assign them that permission. Or when a user misbehaves I want to mute them in chat without having to change their rank.

Of course there are more things, but I think that's enough for now.

07/18/17, 03:03 AM   #2
manavortex

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Or when a user misbehaves I want to mute them in chat without having to change their rank.
We actually have the rank "Test Subject" just for people who go on rage rants or are otherwise annoying and don't cut it. Test Subjects are only allowed to talk in the officer channel and the demotion is temporal.
Being able to set permissions on a member base would free up a whole rank! \o/ I fully second this.

07/18/17, 04:09 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

We currently have a similar system with a temporary rank "untouchable", which gives me another idea. I would like to see is a way to directly promote or demote to a specific rank. Not all guilds have a linear rank system and sometimes it would be nice if we could skip some rank and directly promote from A to C. Right now I always have to promote new members through our "Untouchable" rank in order to get them to the correct rank.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] More fine grained guild permissions