02/17/14, 08:45 PM   #1
Holylifton

Synergy Discussion

So I've read up on synergy but I can't seem to find anything that tells me how I'm supposed to know when and I should hit a particular mob with which ability in order to exploit a synergy opportunity. I know I've done it during the beta because I had to fill out a survey on the topic but quite frankly, I was just Forrest Gumping my synergy strikes. I didn't even know when I had successfully triggered a synergy. Does anyone have any insight to this aspect of the game?
02/18/14, 02:50 AM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I noticed, with the tips on, that it will pop up a mouse graphic and what buttons to press to exploit but I don't recall the term synergy used in anyway.
02/18/14, 07:41 AM   #3
ablueman
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I noticed, with the tips on, that it will pop up a mouse graphic and what buttons to press to exploit but I don't recall the term synergy used in anyway.
My experience so far is that you will get a small box pop up in the middle stating "press x to do this move".

If you press it, synergy move.

Its not that you have to do a specific move when they do. I think it did have the word synergy in it, but i could be wrong.
02/18/14, 08:01 AM   #4
Holylifton

Originally Posted by ablueman View Post
My experience so far is that you will get a small box pop up in the middle stating "press x to do this move".

If you press it, synergy move.

Its not that you have to do a specific move when they do. I think it did have the word synergy in it, but i could be wrong.
And that's with tooltips enabled Blueman?
02/19/14, 07:48 AM   #5
ablueman
Originally Posted by Holylifton View Post
And that's with tooltips enabled Blueman?
In honesty I dont know. I left most of that stuff "as standard" so I presume so.

It should just pop up unless you perhaps have turned off tooltips?
02/19/14, 08:17 AM   #6
fishyyy
There was a small window with Press x for Synergy.
So far I know about
1) Blood Fountain (Undaunted Guild Ability) Channeling where you kneel down and gain a big Health regen
2) Impale where you step on the ground and add some damage to your enemy
3) Supernova (Ultimate from Templar) that adds damage and snare to enemys

I donīt really think it is super important (yet useful) to know what the displayed synergy does. I think it is useful and beneficial in every case so Iīd always press x whenever it pops up :P

There is no universal symbol or so to show that you have triggered that synergy - you will learn when youve done it ofter enough i assume

ESOUI » General Discussion » Gameplay » Synergy Discussion