04/03/17, 02:50 AM   #1
Techbro13
[Request] Send all strings printed from addons to system channel

Well I honestly dont know if the addon api allows you to categorize strings into certain chat channels but I noticed that most addons print strings into all chat channels... was wondering if someone could create/develop an addon that categorizes all strings outputted by addons into the system channel in chat options... Have posted feature requests on certain addons to do it but unfortunately I have not gotten any response..

When I log into the game (Im presuming everyone wants this) is to come back to a nice and clean chat...

Last edited by Techbro13 : 04/03/17 at 03:07 AM.
04/03/17, 10:12 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are using pChat ?
So right clic on the tab name and uncheck system.
04/03/17, 05:30 PM   #3
Techbro13
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
You are using pChat ?
So right clic on the tab name and uncheck system.
XD friend if it was that simple I wouldnt be complaining now would I? Most addons dont print in the system channel... they print in all channels... so even if i disable system channel in my tab it shows up anyways... thats what im sad about...
04/03/17, 05:38 PM   #4
Ayantir

addons cannot send messages on all tabs "per default", you must have something, just look at your chat addons, or at least give us few clues.. what addons outputs where.. with screens or so on.
04/03/17, 06:26 PM   #5
Techbro13
LuiExtended for example prints on all channels for chat announcements

like this most of the addons output text in all channels even with system unchecked
04/03/17, 06:33 PM   #6
Techbro13
Mass Deconstructor (Best addon for filtered/hotkeyed deconstruction of stuff) does it too

04/04/17, 02:08 AM   #7
sirinsidiator

As Ayantir said. Addons send their messages to the system channel and the system channel should actually only show up on the first tab in your chat window. You must have installed some addon that changes this globally for all addons. Try to deactivate your chat addons and then activate them one by one until the issue appears again. Then report in the comment section of that addon.
04/04/17, 02:55 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sometimes the game will hang up the settings of the chat tabs for me too!
Example:
After a logout and login with another char: I won't see any messages in the guild tab even if all guilds are marked aas active in the tab's options.
If I open the options and remove the markers for the guilds, and set them again, it'll work normally again.

This happens most of the time after a bigger patch for me.
Maybe there is something the other way around too that the system channel is NOT marked but activated at all/more than one tab for you.
Try to enable and disable them again.
04/05/17, 06:03 PM   #9
Techbro13
Thanks guys for the feedback and it helped a lot... figured out pChat was creating a system chat channel option in the chat options... and LUIE had a option to support pChat handling... but apparently other addons do not... oh well... it seems like I will have to go and try persuade to add functionality to force push strings printed by addons to the system chat channel~ Thanks for all the help~

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Send all strings printed from addons to system