02/09/17, 07:13 PM   #1
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[fixed] Event_group_invite_response

Hey just noticed an issue with the way EVENT_GROUP_INVITE_RESPONSE is setup that causes an issue with not only addons, but also with the default UI messages that appear to report an unsuccessful invite.

As we can see below we have the following variables available to us in the function:
EVENT_GROUP_INVITE_RESPONSE (integer eventCode, string inviterName, number response, string inviterDisplayName)

CURRENT BEHAVIOR:
When an invite fails because a player is already in a group, attempting to invite them prints the following message on the default UI. Despite inviting the player named "Scote Boat," I received a message that my character name was already in a group instead.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:
inviterName and inviterDisplayName should instead be inviteeName and inviteeDisplayName - displaying the name of the player you failed to invite, rather than your own.

Alternately both could be provided allowing us to see more information like [You] failed to invite [Them], but I don't really see that as being necessary, just a thought.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also not sure if inviterDisplayName is functioning either, I'm assuming its supposed to be a string output:

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 02/09/17 at 07:43 PM.

02/10/17, 08:49 AM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Thanks. We have a bug internally for this.

06/20/17, 03:13 PM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I would imagine this one was fixed with Morrowind.

06/20/17, 04:23 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks. Will close it now.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [fixed] Event_group_invite_response