01/23/17, 03:01 AM   #1
Jemcrystal
Why is Minion set to install in my appdata?

Give me a reason a little more explanatory than, "Windows gets cranky if you try to install it in certain folders, so it’s easiest to just go with it. Darn UAC." Cause I don't really like installing in my appdata. It doesn't uninstall. Who is UAC? What happens when I try to put it in Programs? I lost my Minion icon recently so I thought I'll just do a reinstall. Couldn't find it anywhere cause guess what uninstall doesn't look at appdata. Appdata is where my restore points are stored so I can just run in there and delete all willy nilly fun time! Now I can't use Minion at all because of the way it was installed. Since I can't really reinstall something that was put in appdata.
01/23/17, 03:30 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe it's a reason that the build in java runtimes are included and need to be in the "UAC happy" or "UAC compatible" folders.

But what exactly is the problem you can't reinstall it? Just delete the .minion folde rmanually in Appdata and then reinstall it again just worked fine for me several times.
The only file that you'd even need to rename or delete is the minion.xml file as it stores the game information and addon versions you got installed.
01/23/17, 03:44 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minion shouldn't have any problems with other install locations. I have mine installed in 'D:\programs\minion' and never had a problem. I am also not sure what you mean you can't uninstall it? It should not matter if you installed it in appdata or anywhere else. When you use the windows uninstall function in the control panel (type "remove programs" in the start menu) you should see it listed regardless. That is unless you removed it already via your restore points. Then you can simply delete the folder with the minion.exe from your system.
01/24/17, 02:29 AM   #4
Jemcrystal
Okay, thx. I made a special folder for it somewhere else. I just don't like stuff in appdata.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Why is Minion set to install in my appdata?