03/20/15, 07:08 AM   #1
gurahamu
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
HarvestMap donated map file

How exactly do you import the lua file within the description of HarvestMap - the one which says it was donated. I have tried putting into the SavedVariables folder and using the import command but it hasn't imported the data into my game (the locations dont appear on my map). Overwriting the HarvestMap.lua file that comes pre-installed with the addon causes UI errors due to much of the required content of the lua file being missing.
03/20/15, 09:58 AM   #2
MeTeC
Same problem :/
03/20/15, 10:17 AM   #3
Garkin

If you want I can give you a link for my saved variables (almost 20k nodes): HarvestMap-SavedVars.zip

How to use this saved variables?
  • Exit the game
  • Make backup of your current saved variables:
    NA server: "My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables/HarvestMap.lua"
    EU server: "My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/liveeu/SavedVariables/HarvestMap.lua"
  • Extract saved variable file from archive linked above and replace your saved variables with this file
  • Open saved varialbes file in text editor (use Notepad or whatever), replace text "@ACCOUNT_NAME" with your actual account name (for example "@Garkin") and save changes.
  • Run the game and check settings of HarvestMap addon.
03/20/15, 02:01 PM   #4
gurahamu
Already resolved it by manually inserting the data from the downloaded file into my own lua file.

Warning to others, don't just do this willy nilly - you need to read the original file and actually know where the data goes - inserting the data wrongly could break your addon. Always backup the original lua file before editing.

But please do feel free to give me the file you have, it may have even more nodes than mine does as I have found some which don't appear there.

Also, do you know of a good program for editing the dds files on a mac? I have managed to change the outline of the icons using XnViewMP but want to make each node type even more noticable

Last edited by gurahamu : 03/20/15 at 02:09 PM.
03/23/15, 10:18 AM   #5
mra4nii
Paint.Net can do this and is completely free. I used it a lot on my own for custom icons i use in Show Motifs.
There is somewhere on forum a how-to for using it.
04/17/15, 12:55 AM   #6
Meemy
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
If you want I can give you a link for my saved variables (almost 20k nodes): HarvestMap-SavedVars.zip

• Exit the game
    NA server: "My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables/HarvestMap.lua"
    EU server: "My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/liveeu/SavedVariables/HarvestMap.lua"
  • Extract saved variable file from archive linked above and replace your saved variables with this file
  • Open saved varialbes file in text editor (use Notepad or whatever), replace text "@ACCOUNT_NAME" with your actual account name (for example "@Garkin") and save changes.
This guy is a saint
10/12/15, 11:39 AM   #7
Leah Ann
harvestmap.lua two accounts on one computer.

• Exit the game
Thank you for this information. How does one use this on two accounts on the same computer?

Thank you!!
12/13/15, 07:44 PM   #8
Vandire
any chance of an updated data file?
12/17/15, 04:22 PM   #9
Kyzik

• Exit the game
Doesn't work

"3990713185754540854:3: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
3990713185754540854:3: in function '(main chunk)'"

UPDATE: if get this problem you are putting the Garkins lua file in wrong folder. You don't go into C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns --- you go into C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables

Last edited by Kyzik : 12/17/15 at 04:26 PM.
01/02/16, 06:15 PM   #10
eruionmel
Originally Posted by Kyzik View Post
Doesn't work

"3990713185754540854:3: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
3990713185754540854:3: in function '(main chunk)'"

UPDATE: if get this problem you are putting the Garkins lua file in wrong folder. You don't go into C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns --- you go into C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables
Thank you. Now I've got it in the correct place, but I'm still not seeing any new nodes on my map. Are they only in certain areas? I'm a newbie, and I'm in Glenumbra.
01/30/16, 12:01 PM   #11
Mauness
My partner and I are both having same trouble, in glenumbra. Imported the file shared earlier but still nothing showing, any ideas?,
02/01/16, 08:42 AM   #12
Iphitos
Hi all,

some of you might have seen it at the comments section of HarvestMap.

I have programmed a small tool to merge your personal HarvestMap lua files into an online database and after that get all the nodes from the db in freshly created lua files to use inGame.

Currently some of the people who contributed their files for testing (and Shinni as the maker of HarvestMap) can beta test the merging to find any errors that I might have missed (if any).

Once beta testing is done and everything is running smooth I will open the database to the public for anyone to use.

There will be at least 28500 nodes in the database at release time (which are in my own lua files), maybe even more if there are others who would like to contribute their lua files for beta testing.

I am still looking for one or two people playing with a french client and having at least a few thousand nodes in his/her lua files (this is the case with a size of all four files together of approx: 700KB-900KB) to ensure that the nodes in french lua files can be detected correct.

If your lua files together add up to 700KB or more and you would like to contribute (and be part of the beta test), please send me a PM.

Cheers
Iphitos
11/06/16, 05:56 AM   #13
worseelite
How do i import nodes

Hey I have tried to download a harvestmap.lua but there is also a HarvestMapImport.lua

Where do you import it I am confused and is this correct setup. When i click import nothing happens in the Import harvestmap section.
12/07/16, 12:16 AM   #14
Pierox
To everyone having trouble. This is working to this day.... Tip. Make sure you check " allow outdated add-ons" for this to work.

If the file is correctly changed with "Your account name" example: @John_doe64 it will work.... For steam users its your Steam name! Cheers!

~Good luck!
12/07/16, 02:54 AM   #15
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by Pierox View Post
To everyone having trouble. This is working to this day.... Tip. Make sure you check " allow outdated add-ons" for this to work.

If the file is correctly changed with "Your account name" example: @John_doe64 it will work.... For steam users its your Steam name! Cheers!

~Good luck!
1) no, for steam users it will not be your steam name
2) you dont need this method anymore, because we have this - http://www.teso-harvest-merge.de/

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » HarvestMap donated map file