05/21/14, 10:47 AM   #1
Halja

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Craglorn API version number

FYI:
If you have not seen it yet, the new API version for Craglorn 1.1.x was posted by ZOS to become 100004 when the patch goes live this week. Your addon's text file with the "## APIVersion: " will need to be updated after the patch to avoid being mark as out of date.
--Halja
05/21/14, 11:13 AM   #2
thelegendaryof

Thanks for the info! I hope they don't change / remove to much rather then add usefull stuff.

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/21/14 at 11:23 AM.
05/21/14, 09:19 PM   #3
syndicated

Question Quick question

Originally Posted by Halja View Post
FYI:
If you have not seen it yet, the new API version for Craglorn 1.1.x was posted by ZOS to become 100004 when the patch goes live this week. Your addon's text file with the "## APIVersion: " will need to be updated after the patch to avoid being mark as out of date.
--Halja
Hey Halja, where does ZOS post these updates? or is it just the wiki?

Thanks in advance mate!

Last edited by syndicated : 05/21/14 at 09:36 PM. Reason: missing "ZOS"
05/22/14, 09:11 AM   #4
Halja

ZOS posted the consolidated patch notes.
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...-v1-1-2#latest
They are long but the API details are not in it. The API changes were in posted in the PTS forums location which does have some restricted access. We were not bound to an NDA for the this patch but they asked hold off commenting until closer to release. The funny part is the release announcement was under 24 hours. The API change list less than that. The formal posting of the patch notes was today and they bumped the build number by one. I guess I should read it closer for additional changes.

The Wiki could use some updating now. 1.2.3...not it!
05/22/14, 09:41 AM   #5
thelegendaryof

Meh ...

The rate at which you can earn racial motifs and provisioning recipes from lootable containers and furniture has been slightly reduced.
O.o wasn't it already reduced ? I got like 1 in around 100+ hours of pure gameplay. I'll wait for the API-Changes ...
05/22/14, 12:55 PM   #6
stjobe

So if I push an update today, is it okay to put 100004 as the API version number, even though EU servers aren't patched until tomorrow?
05/22/14, 01:47 PM   #7
Aiiane

Originally Posted by stjobe View Post
So if I push an update today, is it okay to put 100004 as the API version number, even though EU servers aren't patched until tomorrow?
It'll just mean EU players will have to tick the 'load out of date addons' box until tomorrow.
05/22/14, 01:56 PM   #8
stjobe

Originally Posted by Aiiane View Post
It'll just mean EU players will have to tick the 'load out of date addons' box until tomorrow.
So... If I push an update tonight with 10003, US players will have to tick "load out of date addons", and if I push it with 10004, EU players will have to do the same?

Weird, but thanks
05/22/14, 02:10 PM   #9
Aiiane

Yep, pretty much. Any time there's a mismatch - since APIs can be both added and removed.
05/22/14, 04:20 PM   #10
mctaylor

API change: my new pet peeve

Changes to /stuck API:
To prevent abuse /stuck now charges the cost of fast-travel, has a cooldown, and takes a random amount of time to teleport.

Added CURRENCY_CHANGE_REASON_STUCK to indicate that money was deducted from your character due to using /stuck
If I am reading it correctly and this applies to general usage of the /stuck command, not merely usage via API, then I'm quite upset. This suggests that if my character actually gets stuck due to a bug, then the character will be penalized both the equipment damaged due to the death inflected by using /stuck of the character, now additionally they lose gold as well if I really do need to use /stuck?

So what happens if a player is low on gold and actually get stuck? They cannot use /stuck?

I understand cutting down on abuse, but this feels like a penalty in the event of legitimate usage.

Last edited by mctaylor : 05/22/14 at 07:12 PM. Reason: improve wording (hopefully)
05/22/14, 04:24 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
API Change log posted here.
05/22/14, 04:42 PM   #12
thelegendaryof

Originally Posted by stjobe View Post
So... If I push an update tonight with 10003, US players will have to tick "load out of date addons", and if I push it with 10004, EU players will have to do the same?

Weird, but thanks
Now THATS a proper version control

3 > 4

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/22/14 at 04:44 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Craglorn API version number