02/10/16, 06:48 AM   #1
Iphitos
Looking for french client HarvestMap users

Hi all,

I am currently developing an online merging tool/database for HarvestMap.

It has been in beta testing for about a week now and is working very well, so beta testing is almost over.

I am looking for someone who is playing with a >>> french <<< client and has quite a few nodes in his HarvestMap files - I want to make sure, the localization for French is working well.

If you play a french client and have already collected many nodes along your way and would like to help, please send me a PM... The more nodes you have, the better (e.g.: if each of the four lua files in SavedVariables is bigger than 150-200 KByte that would be good, the bigger, the better).

Or - if you know someone playing a french client, please have him look at this posting.

The Harvest Merge tool will
  • allow anyone to upload his HarvestMap files from his SavedVariables folder to contribute to the database
  • check all his nodes
  • insert new nodes to the database (if not yet found)
  • update existing nodes in the database (if already found)
  • present results of the upload
  • optionally show a warning if the merge will result in lesser nodes than the user has uploaded (this can happen if a user has set his min distance to a very low value)
  • create new lua files with all the nodes from the database that apply to the personal inGame settings from the user for HarvestMap (e.g.: min distance between pins, max age for pins [upcoming feature of HarvestMap])
  • offer download link for merged files (as ZIP)

Once french language is tested the tool will go only for anyone to use.
02/10/16, 09:28 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your project shouldn't be language specific.
Just build an association table and you'll be free of user language.

Same for Harvest Map, but it's not your fault here.
02/10/16, 01:04 PM   #3
Iphitos
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Your project shouldn't be language specific.
Just build an association table and you'll be free of user language.

Same for Harvest Map, but it's not your fault here.
Thanks Ayantir, I already only store IDs of the contains of a node - currently with a localization table behind the assoc table but indeed this localization table would not be neccessary if HM would store inGame itemIDs instead of localized strings for the contains of a node.

I have asked Shinni a minute ago if he would think about changing this - since he thinks this would be much better as well, I guess this will be implemented in a future release *g*

Until then - localization is working well for english and german but I have not gotten french nodes so far to test these before opening the merge tool to the public
02/10/16, 01:16 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

You could use a script to get the names you are looking for.
Collect all unique item names in your db, build a lookup table out of them, iterate over all itemIds from 1 to 80k ingame and save the resulting itemIds if a name matches. Then switch to french language (SetCVar("language.2", "fr")) and store the item names for the collected ids in your savedata.
02/10/16, 01:32 PM   #5
Iphitos
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
You could use a script to get the names you are looking for.
Collect all unique item names in your db, build a lookup table out of them, iterate over all itemIds from 1 to 80k ingame and save the resulting itemIds if a name matches. Then switch to french language (SetCVar("language.2", "fr")) and store the item names for the collected ids in your savedata.
Hey beta tester

This would be more like a Workaround compared to the plain itemID solution.

I do already have all french strings, as they are stored in the lua files from HM - but if someone has been using HM since beta there are quite some "issues" to be taken care of, I just wanted to make sure, the merging tool can also take care of these issues for french

I assume that Shinni is already changing the code to a new format where only the looted itemIDs are stored instead of the strings *g*
02/10/16, 01:41 PM   #6
sirinsidiator

Yes, but if you have the strings anyways I wouldn't worry too much about these "issues" from old data and just ignore them. The database is bound to get filled with all existing nodes at some point if you get enough users to contribute.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for french client HarvestMap users