06/20/23, 05:41 PM   #1
Jysoul
MasterMerchant errors due to other Addons update

MasterMerchant initialization during character load produces UI Error: 63D314E2 and no longer works.
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:970: operator .. is not supported for string .. nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:970: in function 'MMScrollList:SetupReportsRow'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:1049: in function 'setupCallback'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2451: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_UpdateScroll'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2207: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_Commit'
(tail call): ?
(tail call): ?
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:154: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:CommitScrollList'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:114: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:RefreshSort'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:204: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:OnSortHeaderClicked'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:40: in function 'callback'
/EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:132: in function 'ZO_CallbackObjectMixin:FireCallbacks'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:171: in function 'ZO_SortHeaderGroup:OnHeaderClicked'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:191: in function 'ZO_SortHeaderGroup:SelectHeaderByKey'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:1073: in function 'MMScrollList:New'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:3921: in function 'MasterMerchant:SetupScrollLists'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:3951: in function 'MasterMerchant:InitScrollLists'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:3924: in function 'Queue'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibExecutionQueue/LibExecutionQueue.lua:35: in function 'lib:Next'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibExecutionQueue/LibExecutionQueue.lua:36: in function 'func'
/EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:260: in function '(anonymous)'

The last four Addons updated that introduced this error from 19th June (Australia time so 18th June US) were:
CraftStore Necrom V2.86
LibCharacterKnowledge V1.4.8
SkyShards V10.52
ESO Master Recipe List V1.56.73

Last edited by Jysoul : 06/20/23 at 08:06 PM.
06/21/23, 01:31 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
None of those mods caused the error as far as I know. Nor did updating them. I don't believe any of them access MM in some way that causes this issue. You simply have corrupted data and need to reset it.

https://esouimods.github.io/3-master...html#ResetData

Go to that section of the docs and please be very careful. Only click the one button named "Reset LibGuildStore Data". NOTE: That is in the LibGuildStore settings, not under Master Merchant.

After you do that the UI will reload and MM will get information from the cache. After the UI reloads about every minute you will see that MM is still refreshing data. There will be an approximated time remaining that will go up and down because it's not perfect.

Do not log out or do writs, or update LibHistorie data, or do anything else until the refresh is complete. Do nothing except maybe move enough or type in guild chat so you don't go AFK.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 06/21/23 at 01:59 PM.
06/22/23, 07:46 AM   #3
Jysoul
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
None of those mods caused the error as far as I know. Nor did updating them. I don't believe any of them access MM in some way that causes this issue. You simply have corrupted data and need to reset it.

https://esouimods.github.io/3-master...html#ResetData

Go to that section of the docs and please be very careful. Only click the one button named "Reset LibGuildStore Data". NOTE: That is in the LibGuildStore settings, not under Master Merchant.

After you do that the UI will reload and MM will get information from the cache. After the UI reloads about every minute you will see that MM is still refreshing data. There will be an approximated time remaining that will go up and down because it's not perfect.

Do not log out or do writs, or update LibHistorie data, or do anything else until the refresh is complete. Do nothing except maybe move enough or type in guild chat so you don't go AFK.
Thank you. This process fixed and resolved the issue.
08/02/23, 04:05 PM   #4
FroggieFrost
This worked in the fact that MM no longer is error out, but all my purchases are gone. Is there a way to get back my purchases and listings?

Last edited by FroggieFrost : 08/02/23 at 04:28 PM.
08/03/23, 01:42 AM   #5
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by FroggieFrost View Post
This worked in the fact that MM no longer is error out, but all my purchases are gone. Is there a way to get back my purchases and listings?
The Purchases and Listings are not in a cache. Because of the corrupted files you can not restore anything except sales from LibHistoire.

This is why I mention in the documentation but it is common sense to 1) make a weekly backup 2) disable OneDrive.

Once the files are corrupted and the game makes new files everything is lost that keeps track of what you bought, from which guild, and who sold it to you for purchases. Listings are lost as well. Neither of those things are part of any cache files or part of server information.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 08/06/23 at 02:31 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » MasterMerchant errors due to other Addons update