07/29/23, 01:21 AM   #1
Irromar
Problem with UI/inventory mods

Hi
I have some problem with group of addons change inventory and statistics view, like "Grid list", "Inventory grid view", "Inventory inside","Harven's Improved Skills Window". I did't see effect of this addons, for example, I saw only vanilla inventory. Everthing addons worked (Without inventory grid view) I can edit it in settings. To comparsion Advanced UI, map addons working quite good.

I tried resolve problem. I checked version of mods, dependency, lib. My last trial have addons supported last version of game (9.0.x). I didn't see change. I tried reinstal game, without effect. I don't know what's wrong.
I don't have last DLC Necrom but I understand that it dosen't matter.
07/29/23, 08:03 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Inventory Grid View should not be used. I recently applied some fixes but not to maintain or repair the mod. It was done because people continue to ignore the fact it is in the discontinued section. The fixes don't make it work properly they just make it so that it won't silently break other mods as much. So uninstall it completely and see if things work better.
07/29/23, 10:04 AM   #3
Irromar
I used Inventory grid view once. I read about problem with this addon and remove it. So, it isn't source of problem but I thank for answer.
07/29/23, 04:39 PM   #4
Sharlikran

What language do you speak? I speak Spanish and English. I really don't understand the problem you are having.
07/29/23, 11:36 PM   #5
Irromar
I have problem with addons change inventory view. For example, "Grid list", I see it in addons menu, everything dependency it's ok. I can edit it in settings and I see new view in settings, but in game I see only vanilla menu. So, essence of my probem was I didn't see graphical effect of addons. I don't know, what is the reson.
07/29/23, 11:41 PM   #6
Sharlikran

You may have more then one modification changing the same thing and therefore the changes do not show.

Enable one modification/extension each one at a time and see the changes. Then when you enable others and the inventory menu is vanilla, uninstall the mod that overrides the inventory view you prefer.
07/30/23, 03:02 AM   #7
KLISK

Originally Posted by Irromar View Post
I have problem with addons change inventory view. For example, "Grid list", I see it in addons menu, everything dependency it's ok. I can edit it in settings and I see new view in settings, but in game I see only vanilla menu. So, essence of my probem was I didn't see graphical effect of addons. I don't know, what is the reson.
Restart the client. The mode switch icon uses a custom texture that is loaded when the game is reloaded.
07/30/23, 06:05 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Irromar View Post
You need to click the small icon top left at the inventory to switch the view between grid and normal inventory.

As Klisk said already:
You need to restart the game client in total and maybe delete the file (While your game client is not running!) live/ShaderCache.cooked
07/30/23, 06:45 AM   #9
Irromar
I tried both advice. Unfortunately, without result, but I discovered one intersting things when I experimented with another addons. If I bind "potion maker" I can open another menu, and open inventory "grid list". Maby it is problem with key bind?
07/30/23, 07:15 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I cannot follow you sorry
If PotionMaker menu is opened you can see GridList? This is not normal and is a bug then.
And keybinds are not the problems then.

I guess it's any other addon you got enabled that interferes!
e.g. Complete delete the InventoryGridView folder in live/AddOns!

Try the following:
Disable ALL addons and ALL libraries!
Install and enable ONLY "Grid List" and the needed dependencies.

Reload the Ui and open the inventory.
Does GridList show the icon at the inventory to toggle the grid list (toggle between normal inventory and GridList)?
If not you have either not installed the most recent version of GridList and the needed dependencies and need to check you got all the newest versions, or you got any other addon enabled ->

Logout, close the game.
Move ALL addons and libraries out of live/AddOns.
Only copy the needed libraries and GridLst folder back in and assure you got the newest versions installed.
Maybe manually download and update them again and check the contents of the folders.

If it works then it's another addon which interferes. As you said Potion Maker maybe an issue do the same for it:
Update all properly and only move the libraries needed and PotionMaker addon folder to live/AddOns, together with GridLst.
ry if enabling both works now.

If yes: It was another addon which made it fail to run! You need to find out which of your addons it was by manually checking 1 after another then.

If no:
Please describe again what is not working with the keybind or what you found out. At best: Use screenshots OR a video! As we cannot seem to properly understand what you expalin by text, sorry
07/31/23, 09:14 AM   #11
Irromar
Thanks for all advice. Unfortunately it isn't work.
My inventory view. I didn't see some button wchich change te type of UI
https://imgur.com/goP1vZT
"Grid list" in addons settings
https://imgur.com/AkqwOPW
You can see that addon are there, but I can't acces for it. It should more clear.

In keybindings case... I reset it to default and lost acces for potion maker. I tried add keybinds once again but it isn't working.
07/31/23, 10:00 AM   #12
KLISK

"This addon is not supporting the Gamepad mode nor the accessibility mode (which uses gamepad UI) so please turn off the Gamepad mode AND the accessibility mode."

From the screenshots, I see that you are using the gamepad interface.
07/31/23, 10:18 AM   #13
Irromar
Thanks! Everything working. Game pad was block and I ignored it. Thanks one more time.
07/31/23, 11:25 AM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod

Glad you solved it

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Problem with UI/inventory mods