04/20/18, 09:56 AM   #1
Targets
Rotation Assistance.

Addon idea;

Rotation Assistance:
The way the addon could work, when you load up the addon you get a text box that allows you to implement all the different skills and heavy attack and light attack styles.

It could also check for light attack weaving and heavy attack weaving as well. Would just be amazing to see this.

Example;
Endless Hail -> LA -> Trap -> LA -> Caltrops -> LA -> Poison Injection -> LA -> ULT (Whatever the ult's name) -> SWAP -> HA -> Rending Slashes

This is just an example of how it could work but basically when you press submit it allows you as the player to begin the rotation first they start off red and when you do the rotation correctly they go green and the green stage only lasts for however long the skill lasts for. You can have features like 'Speed' , 'Animation Cancelling' etc. and if you fail the rotation it puts a notification on the screen that the rotation is incorrect.

I don't actually know if this is possible I just thought it'd be great idea to allow players that are new to learn rotations for their characters and not only that come up with new rotations of their own. You could also implement a feature that looks at combat metrics and tells you what you could do to improve that DPS test that you just did.

Players could also submit their rotations to a system or something and it allows you to try out their different rotations.

This is just an idea of what could be done if it's possible but I hope the idea is good and if not don't hate on me

Last edited by Targets : 04/20/18 at 09:59 AM.
04/21/18, 12:47 AM   #2
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not possible and - as it's an automatization feature and hence considered a bot - absolutely not desirable^^
04/21/18, 03:03 AM   #3
Targets
So you can't check to see if it's being done correctly, I was along the lines of making it show where you went wrong not actually do the rotation for you.
04/21/18, 04:12 AM   #4
votan

Originally Posted by Letho View Post
Not possible and - as it's an automatization feature and hence considered a bot - absolutely not desirable^^
It is not about doing the rotation automatically, but tracking if the rotation is done correctly. Some kind of mini game for finger training.
04/21/18, 04:36 AM   #5
Targets
In a way yeah, Just thought it'd be able to help new players learn their rotations a bit more. But I fully understand if it's not possible it would have been great.
04/21/18, 04:55 AM   #6
Letho
right, now i see. would be possible, but i don't have the time for it
04/21/18, 04:33 PM   #7
Targets
Well if anyone does have time for it, it'd be lovely if you could work on it It'd be very appreciated.
04/25/18, 06:21 PM   #8
Venger
I was actually looking for an add-on that would assist me with learning rotations to try to increase my DPS. It would be sweet if you could create a list custom list that would display each skill one at a time, going down the list as you executed each one.

<NOT LOOKING FOR AUTOMATION>
05/20/18, 08:02 AM   #9
Lakes
This is a great idea!
05/20/18, 10:46 AM   #10
syzgod
Action Duration Reminder is pretty decent for learn skill rotations. Not helping with light/heavy attacks but still a must have to use.
05/21/18, 10:08 PM   #11
Venger
Ill check it out thanks

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Rotation Assistance.