11/26/17, 01:24 AM   #1
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] source information for EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT

Hey ZOS_ChipHilseberg,

i have run into a problem with AuraMastery, that I am not able to solve by workarounds, so I'd like to make a request for it:

Combat Events can return the following data:

eventCode,result,isError,abilityName,abilityGraphic,abilityActionSlotType,sourceName,sourceType,targetName,targetType,
hitValue,powerType,damageType,combatEventLog,sourceUnitId,targetUnitId,abilityId

The relevant combat events for me are result=2245 (effect gained) and result=2250 (effect faded).

My problem: While 2245 gives information about the target AND the source (origin of effect), 2250 gives NO source information (sourceName, sourceUnitId) at all, the appropriate fields are just empy. This applies to Cyrodiil and to pve settings.

Lets say a target is debuffed by 3 Dragon Knights, they all use the same ability. If one debuff fades from the target, one has no possibility of determining whether the debuff cast by DK 1, 2 or 3 is the one that faded. So we would need source information for the fade effect.

Could this be implemented? There is no other reliable way to achieve it.

Cheers,
Letho

Last edited by Letho : 11/26/17 at 01:28 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] source information for EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT