11/30/15, 02:55 PM   #1
silentgecko

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Track Debuffs, like Magicka Detonation in Sanctum

Hey Guys,

i was thinking about this a long time now, and now i ask here

We have a Event to track Buffs and Debuffs send from the Char, but do we have the same to get this from Enemies?
I am not a PVP Player, so maybe the PVP Devs could help here

I want to Archieve that i can print a big Alert Message on the Screen, when the player has the Magicka Detonation from the Serpent on the Screen.

Can this be possible?
I found a lot of "Magicka Detonations" in Abilitylist - but i don't think that these are the one, that comes from the Serpent to the player.

Any suggestions or hints?

Greetings
12/02/15, 01:00 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
May be not the answer you seek but what about "playing non-automated and use the hands and eyes"
I'm no friend of addons that do the player's work during combat/dungeons. Either they are too lazy or they don't pay attention, or they don't understand the game mechanics. And there is a huge amount of players that don't pay attention to their raid lead, where they should (or at least ask questions and think about what went wrong, instead of double-tapping the A key if an on-screen message tells them to do so!)

Sorry for the off-topic, but I'd be gald if such source codes won't end in an addon which every player sees as "essential" as it ruins the whole game and makes the game devs restrict stuff again!
12/02/15, 03:38 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
May be not the answer you seek but what about "playing non-automated and use the hands and eyes"
I'm no friend of addons that do the player's work during combat/dungeons. Either they are too lazy or they don't pay attention, or they don't understand the game mechanics. And there is a huge amount of players that don't pay attention to their raid lead, where they should (or at least ask questions and think about what went wrong, instead of double-tapping the A key if an on-screen message tells them to do so!)

Sorry for the off-topic, but I'd be gald if such source codes won't end in an addon which every player sees as "essential" as it ruins the whole game and makes the game devs restrict stuff again!
I am also against automating the gameplay, but I think I understand where this request is coming from.
Trials require a raid leader that knows what to do and that has the skill to coordinate the group.
Unfortunately they seem to be rare and most players (especially in a casual friendly MMO like ESO) won't ever be able to find a group that will be able to best a trial.

If you where to make an "automated raid leader" that mimics what a raid leader would do (e.g. help forming the teams, explain mechanics before a battle, motivating the team etc.), instead of just printing a push button A now message, I think it would be a great addition to the addon landscape.
No idea how it would work though or if it would even be possible with the current API limitations.

As for the original question, no idea, but if it is indeed a debuff, your best bet is to write some code to log the ability names and IDs and wait until the serpent casts it on you.
12/06/15, 06:14 AM   #4
silentgecko

hey Baertram and sirinsidator,

i don't want an automatic way of getting rid of the magicka detonation for example

I just want to display it as a debuff. The reason for that is:
Normally the Magicka Detonation debuff is showing you as a player blue flames at the edge of your screen, and your char is glowing blue.
But:
Most of the time, nearly all time the Blue Flames don't show up.
And also most of the time, you are standing in a bubble of mates, so you can't see your own char if you're glowing.

i just want to add an additional Alert, that is popping up on the screen, that you can react to this debuff. Because, you know, the standard ui is not working as intended
01/18/16, 09:26 AM   #5
silentgecko

i finally got it

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...dNotifier.html

The Magicka Deto from the Serpent has a special Buff that the user gets. and i will then filter for this ability id

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Track Debuffs, like Magicka Detonation in Sanctum