03/21/16, 10:24 AM   #1
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cache Master

I'm just starting an addon that will let you view, well anything you want regarding sales and guild stores.

I finished the data collection, sort and organize using ALL the MM cached data.

This will give you the ability to see all sales from a guild, user, item, etc..

Guilds can get an accurate list of sales per memeber.

The database is created an put in memory now I have to figure out how to present it.

I assume people want to sort and filter by guild,item,player,buyer,... (any other ideas get them in before I start the GUI).

-d

03/22/16, 01:55 AM   #2
dopiate
Layout

I think I'll use the guild as the main sort

then from there drill down item, seller, etc...

Last edited by dopiate : 03/22/16 at 05:57 AM.

03/22/16, 05:50 AM   #3
dopiate
Looking for some help with testing and ideas

this project is coming along quickly.

I could use a few people to help test and give feedback.

if interested let me know.

-d

04/06/16, 07:21 PM   #4
dopiate
An Alpha is out

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...ineViewer.html

04/06/16, 07:44 PM   #5
Ayantir

I don't know how to say it, but you should really stop doing stuff based on MM. 1st, Your work is based in 1 addon..

Is there a public api? Do you consider the 3 or 4 other addons which does ~same thing ?
What will you do if Philgo leaves tomorrow and the maintenair decide to rewrite everything?

Are you, "yourself" an active massive trader (a guy who does 1M Gold per week) ? Do you think those guys use your work ? Do you think your efforts to give them those millions golds acquired by those guys don't deserve you something ?.. Did you had some recognition ingame from those massive traders ?..

There is huge parts of game which needs love, and economy is already.. like this ****ing real corrupted economy we have on real world. Too much resources invested in, for a too few "happiness provided" in game.

Wthout any malice,

04/06/16, 08:51 PM   #6
dopiate
Ayantir,

I just have some code and ideas based on other work.

It doesn't take that much time to do the programs.

If MM went away so would my addon's -- but I know and accept that - I'm just barely playing as it is.

my current project was requested by 2 GM's to get real summaries and reports for users per week (or whatever time-frame) - so I kind of promised this but VB.Net is like LEGOs -- I have half the thing already built.

I've been out of work, on disability because of a severely broken finger. This is this first day I didn't have to speech to text everything so I wanted to keep my word and finish the project for them.

I'll probably just let it die here and never update it and help my friends that requested it only.

I should have gone with my gut, kept it private and never have to deal with stuff like this.

No offense.

-d

04/06/16, 09:38 PM   #7
DeanGrey

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
I don't know how to say it, but you should really stop doing stuff based on MM. 1st, Your work is based in 1 addon..

Is there a public api? Do you consider the 3 or 4 other addons which does ~same thing ?
What will you do if Philgo leaves tomorrow and the maintenair decide to rewrite everything?

Are you, "yourself" an active massive trader (a guy who does 1M Gold per week) ? Do you think those guys use your work ? Do you think your efforts to give them those millions golds acquired by those guys don't deserve you something ?.. Did you had some recognition ingame from those massive traders ?..

There is huge parts of game which needs love, and economy is already.. like this ****ing real corrupted economy we have on real world. Too much resources invested in, for a too few "happiness provided" in game.

Wthout any malice,
It sounds like you have a problem with the economy and are placing those feelings on dopiate's work.

dopiate Just made another tool in the sea. It isn't as if him not making this would eliminate the others. As long as Zenimax allows addon developers to fiddle with the market then they will do so. Someone will fill that need.

08/09/16, 12:01 PM   #8
Cobrakan
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post

Wthout any malice,
"Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent."

-Dalai Lama

Originally Posted by dopiate View Post
Ayantir,

I just have some code and ideas based on other work.

It doesn't take that much time to do the programs.

If MM went away so would my addon's -- but I know and accept that - I'm just barely playing as it is.

my current project was requested by 2 GM's to get real summaries and reports for users per week (or whatever time-frame) - so I kind of promised this but VB.Net is like LEGOs -- I have half the thing already built.

I've been out of work, on disability because of a severely broken finger. This is this first day I didn't have to speech to text everything so I wanted to keep my word and finish the project for them.

I'll probably just let it die here and never update it and help my friends that requested it only.

I should have gone with my gut, kept it private and never have to deal with stuff like this.

No offense.

-d
People like this are whats wrong inside developer communities. I don't know what it is. There is a difference between constructive criticism and or just asking hey do you care about X Y and Z, and being hyper critical and just plain shooting someone down. Mr Hot To Trot up there needs to go develop something for that area of the game that needs "Love", and or stop acting like the esoUI developer Gatekeeper.

So what if your addon has a dependency, your developing it so you know what a dependency is and what your dependency's are.

Who Cares if there is 4 addons like this, you made it cause you wanted to and others saw a need. Even if there wasn't a need and you wanted to try to make the same thing or similar from scratch, So what that's how we learn and grow as developers. Something you develop DOES NOT have to be groundbreaking.

I hope your finger gets better sooner rather than later, don't stop developing stuff you want to develop and sharing it with people. Cause thats the other cool thing about developing stuff you get to share it, and grow as a developer. Your gut was wrong but rightly so, people like this make it hard to feel like something you are doing is meaningful.

p.s.

Opinions are like a-holes, Everybody's got one ....

08/09/16, 01:11 PM   #9
Randactyl

08/09/16, 01:15 PM   #10
Cobrakan
My apologies, didn't even look..

ESOUI » AddOns » Alpha/Beta AddOns » Cache Master