03/02/14, 12:11 PM   #1
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Map Pin Use Query

I've been trying to add a harvest node map pin but I am not sure I am passing all the right values. Based on the last 3 values being integers I thought that they were the player position coordinates, but after seeing the return values of the Event below it seems that it isn't.

AddMapPin(MAP_PIN_TYPE_HARVEST_NODE, param1, param2, param3)

I am not sure exactly what this does but I used the same values and tried both true and false in the extra parameter but didn't seem to make a difference.
SetMapPinAssisted(MAP_PIN_TYPE_HARVEST_NODE, false, param1, param2, param3)

This is triggered when players approach a pinned item on the compass/map
It returns one of the MAP_PIN_TYPEs and 3 values but they don't seem to be coordinates.
For Example: A Quest Objective ( MAP_PIN_TYPE_TRACKED_QUEST_CONDITION ) has the values 3,0,0
EventMgr:RegisterForEvent( addonName, EVENT_PLAYER_IN_PIN_AREA_CHANGED, PlayerInPinArea)

Any ideas ? Guess I have a few hours to investigate more to see what values come up. Lots of screenshots taken for later investigation.
03/03/14, 12:45 PM   #2
Nabren
Nope, but I am also looking to do map pins so i'll let you know if I figure anything out as well. Unfortunately, the test is over =/

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Map Pin Use Query