02/16/14, 05:52 AM   #1
onurtag

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post [PvP]Melee Nightblade build(s)

I was thinking of possible viable melee builds I thought I'd share it here.
Please don't hesitate to share your builds/opinions in comments
Last update: 8.4.2014

Second build: 2 handed weapon without using stealth but has a lot more survivability

2h Build
Ultimate ability can be switched with Flawless Dawnbreaker
and forward momentum can be switched with Executioner

inspiration from: (his second weapon) Youtube video link
see 5:20 for an awesome skill-dodge mechanic like shadowmeld in WoW

Last edited by onurtag : 04/08/14 at 04:53 AM.
02/16/14, 11:06 AM   #2
TopfliteB

Hello mate! Welcome to the forums!

Having played a Nightblade a bit I have a pretty good feel of the class, and I thin your build idea there has some promise. IF you can manage to stay in stealth and not be seen, you could be absolutely deadly! But, as stealth centered as it is, I do see some issues when attacking castles or other large-scale fights, as that many enemies around would make stealthy kills very difficult. Thus I would say have a good secondary skill-bar handy for such situations, perhaps a mix of dual wielding and siphoning abilities for survivability
02/18/14, 07:03 AM   #3
onurtag

Originally Posted by TopfliteB View Post

Having played a Nightblade a bit I have a pretty good feel of the class, and I thin your build idea there has some promise. IF you can manage to stay in stealth and not be seen, you could be absolutely deadly! But, as stealth centered as it is, I do see some issues when attacking castles or other large-scale fights, as that many enemies around would make stealthy kills very difficult. Thus I would say have a good secondary skill-bar handy for such situations, perhaps a mix of dual wielding and siphoning abilities for survivability
Thanks

I agree with you as the first build would be nearly useless on fights with a lot of people
added new 2h build this one is more viable overall
02/18/14, 08:36 AM   #4
Ark

Originally Posted by TopfliteB View Post

Then...don't attack castles XD
No, really...this kind of build is GREAT for "something", but then on all-in fights will suffer.

That something is ganking the flanks and rear.
Take some friends with the same characteristics, like 4-5 (you don't need more)...and go behind the castle.
The enemy players who resurrect will go to the castle in a straight line (almost sure) from the nearest castle.
Just take ur team, go behind the action...and gank those incoming players.
They are alone, maybe even auto-walking, and u can obliterate them easily with little effort.
If u cause havok into the rear line u can be more valuable to the alliance than the ones on the main assault.
Those people will whine on ts and /zone, will try to get to the castle from far away, even stop playing
02/18/14, 09:24 AM   #5
Stuegat
Originally Posted by onurtag View Post
Thanks

I agree with you as the first build would be nearly useless on fights with a lot of people
added new 2h build this one is more viable overall

Has anyone tested a NB build with Bow and a 1h sword and shield type build.

The theory would be stealth ranged bow attacks followed by the additional defensive mitigation up close with the shield. It would also allow for some ranged mtigation with the extra block provided by the shield.

In the end i am wondering about the 1h + shield dps potential in pvp.
02/26/14, 06:08 PM   #6
zalazan
I was thinking to go with a build having bow/dual wield for weapon, something like this for melee : melee build

and for the second weapon i'd go with : Range build

I can't wait for release to check if its good or not!
02/27/14, 10:42 AM   #7
onurtag

Originally Posted by zalazan View Post
I was thinking to go with a build having bow/dual wield for weapon, something like this for melee : melee build

and for the second weapon i'd go with : Range build

I can't wait for release to check if its good or not!
This is a really cool build because your first bar uses a lot of magicka while the second one uses mostly stamina

and I also updated builds on first post

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » [PvP]Melee Nightblade build(s)