10/15/14, 01:30 AM   #1
janvier1985
Thumbs down Stop checking for WOW!

Hi,

I love minion, however i HATE it that minion has to check a game that does not exist
its a waste of time / memory / resources

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2187

In this post a new feature was requested and was added, however it does not work, it still checks for WOW
Can you please update minion to stop checking for WOW ?

Thx
10/16/14, 10:28 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It's not checking for the game, it only does that once. It's loading information about the game so it knows not to check for it and a bug also makes it load the AddOn list for the game.

We are working on a better way but the resources its loading are extremely small at the moment.
10/16/14, 11:36 AM   #3
janvier1985
i can assure you that every time you start minon it loads & it checks for wow addons and such

http://s25.postimg.org/6ygfpvmrj/minon.png
10/16/14, 12:46 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
That screenshot shows that its only downloading the API data from our server for WOW which are small files that list what AddOns we have available for WOW. If it was trying to detect the game or its addons it would say "detecting WOW addon <addon name>" and it would scroll really fast.

We are working to make that not happen.

Just be aware though it does not take much resources for this so when its fixed you won't see much difference if you are having resource issues. When the loading progress pauses on something its usually paused on something that isn't shown yet in the progress window. We are also working on making the load progress messages more informative.
09/10/15, 11:16 PM   #5
Goemoe
Nearly a year later this WoW stuff still happens. Make it possible to uncheck this wow stuff somewhere. It is not only not needed, it's annoying.
09/13/15, 01:15 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gotdamn, then just update your addons manually instead of complaining about an automatic updating service for several games that you decided to use for free?
Thanks for this awesome tool Dolby + team!

Jesus, some ppl just need anything to complain about and in the end they will complain about having to do everything manually again
09/16/15, 05:07 AM   #7
t31os
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The poster may not have been the most courteous in making his point, but it's a valid criticism all the same. If my web browser checked the status of several plugins i don't use every time i loaded it up, that would annoy me to.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Stop checking for WOW!