Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09/12/16, 12:12 AM   #1
BigMons

Lightbulb Soul Gem Filled Notification

I was wondering if someone could make an addon that can track when a soul gem gets filled? I have RAETIA Infohub, and it keeps track of the filled and empty gems for me, but I'd like to see an onscreen alert and possibly have a sound effect (selectable) fire when I trap a soul. I envision this working very much like the Killing Blow alert in the addon TweakIt by Circonian where you can toggle the message on/off and choose the sound via a drop-down menu in settings.

There is an old addon called Soul Gem Notifier that supposedly prints a chat message when you obtain a new filled soul gem in the inventory, but I don't know if it still works (about to try it out) and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do an onscreen alert or play any sounds. I don't know if the API has a way to track this or not other than the method that Soul Gem Notifier was using. There may be a few different events. I know there is a gear set, something oblivion that can capture souls, and I personally use the soul magic passive Soul Lock on one character. Then there is the standard Soul Trap skill. I guess the method used by Soul Gem Notifier would work if there isn't another method, but it would fire the alert even if you just looted a filled gem or got one in the mail or out of the bank etc. Not a big deal really I suppose.

EDIT: I tried adding the addon "ChatAlert LAM2 + ESO 3 Patch" to detect the "Filled a Soul Gem" message and fire off a sound, but it doesn't seem to work. It plays the sound if i type "Filled a Soul Gem" into chat, but when Soul Gem Notifier sends the message to chat, the Chat Alert addon doesn't pick up the message and play the sound. Was worth a shot I suppose.

Last edited by BigMons : 09/12/16 at 01:15 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Soul Gem Filled Notification