01/18/24, 05:12 AM   #1
Hotzelvit

PTS Server Dowload - Shortcut?

Hello,
on the off-day thought I'd look into downloading the PTS-server. Found the 'How-to', yet the download size is massive (110GB+ = actual game size).

In several older threads I came upon a hint HOW TO SHORTCUT THE PTS DOWNLOAD along the lines of:

- beginng the PTS-download via the launcher
- then pause
- then copy-transfer original game files into the new PTS-folder
- then us the 'Repair' option in the launcher to fix/perfect the PTS-Install

Wondering: is this still a valid option in 2024? Which would be the files to transfer from the orig. game install to the PTS? Which files need to be erased? Thanks a lot for any advice on this topic.
01/18/24, 05:38 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It never was an actual "valid" option as files on PTS are new files (or old if not yet patched with next updates and live was patched meanwhile) and thus you would have wrong files/data.
Or it checks the CRC and says "not the ones I want" and will just redownload either way

It maybe that some of the videos and sounds could be copied
You can try to copy the
vo_<language>, e.g. vo_en or vo_de
and vo_soundsets folders
and see if the launcher will check those CRC and find they are okay or need any update.
But I would never copy any of the other files and folders unless you want to get a courrupt install.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/18/24 at 05:44 AM.
01/18/24, 05:49 AM   #3
Hotzelvit

Thanks a lot @Baertram. Makes sense the way you describe it. I will test and reply.
01/19/24, 03:11 PM   #4
Hotzelvit

Ok, tried to tweak the install process as described - pausing the PTS installation process in the launcher and transferring all 'vo_(xx)' files (like vo_en, etc.) to the PTS folder. Then chosing the 'repair' option and continuing the PTS download.

Initially, 8% of the total install were verified and the rest downloaded. After the full download I got 'Patch Manifest Error 209'. Followed this troubleshoot: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#de/answer/6487
As a last step it has deleting several 'xx.version' files (like depot.version, etc.), then restarting, and then repairing install. Unfortunately, after deleting just these version files and restarting PC, restarting launcher, clicking repair: the entire PTS installation was gone!
Re-downloaded it from scratch. Now it works.

*Ancient saying from Europe: .. und die Moral von der Geschicht: manche Abkürzungen gibt es nicht.

Still: thank you very much @Baertram for giving it a try! (and regarding your Avatar-pic: that's no winter outfit )

Last edited by Hotzelvit : 01/20/24 at 02:24 AM.
01/20/24, 02:24 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh yeah I thought so it would be buggy if you manually step in the process. I guess the new launcher (if you are using it already) is working diffrently at the downloads too they said, faster and improved. So I bet using it would be the best way to download PTS (and live?) now.

Thank you very much @Baertram! (and regarding your Avatar-pic: that's no winter outfit )
Haha, it is cuddly and warm enough for winter in Europe

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » PTS Server Dowload - Shortcut?