12/03/23, 08:05 AM   #1
sinnereso
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question possible to execute quickslot from code?

Hey guys I'm just curious if anyone knows a way to execute the quickslot from code? I've been digging and digging but can't find a function for it other than swapping whats selected in the quickslot.
12/03/23, 08:40 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

There is none and if you find one, it will be considered an exploit as it would mean you can automate/simplify parts of the combat mechanics. See "How to get your AddOn removed" on the wiki for reference.
12/03/23, 09:05 AM   #3
sinnereso
kk roger that. Was considering an auto keep repair, looping wall repair stuff but if thats prohibited i'll move along =p
12/03/23, 10:50 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Everything that does things automated / repetively without having to manually do something is considered botting and should not be done!

Even if you find such possibilities do not abuse them but report them to ZOs so they get fixed instead please, else this might relate into API shut down -> which might break addons that did not abuse such stuff but just used the provided API properly.
12/03/23, 05:45 PM   #5
Dolgubon

While it's true that you cannot use quickslot items, it's possible you might be able to use the function UseItem. It works for some items, but im not sure if it will work for repair kits. Also, it's a protected function, so it can only be used outside of combat, and you must call it like this:if IsProtectedFunction("TheNameOfYourFunction") then CallSecureProtected("TheNameOfYourFunction", arg1, arg2, arg3)else TheNameOfYourFunction(arg1, arg2, arg3)end
12/03/23, 07:42 PM   #6
sinnereso
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
While it's true that you cannot use quickslot items, it's possible you might be able to use the function UseItem. It works for some items, but im not sure if it will work for repair kits. Also, it's a protected function, so it can only be used outside of combat, and you must call it like this:if IsProtectedFunction("TheNameOfYourFunction") then CallSecureProtected("TheNameOfYourFunction", arg1, arg2, arg3)else TheNameOfYourFunction(arg1, arg2, arg3)end
ya it would be used outside of combat just repairing walls.. so basically i was about to setup a function so you could press Q once to wall repair and it would continue on its own untill wall complete. I had the entire thing as a vision in my head but I could not find the actual function to use the quickslot so it didnt go as planned. wall repair kits cant be used from inventory only the quickslot.

it was meant to be a QOL feature mostly.

Last edited by sinnereso : 12/03/23 at 07:46 PM.
12/04/23, 04:04 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
But it's not only QOL, it's botting. Ppl not able/not wanting to use addons got a disadvantage then (time in this case, or less AP earned), if this would work.
If this would work it would also allow to auto-consume potions from quickslot e.g.
12/04/23, 05:53 AM   #8
sinnereso
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
But it's not only QOL, it's botting. Ppl not able/not wanting to use addons got a disadvantage then (time in this case, or less AP earned), if this would work.
If this would work it would also allow to auto-consume potions from quickslot e.g.
I suppose but potions is combat.. wall repair is not and also requires materials and a wall in need or repair which isnt the case for long.

I just saves u standing there pressing q ever few secs for 10-20 times and then you must move to next spot and start over.

Last edited by sinnereso : 12/04/23 at 05:55 AM.
12/04/23, 09:50 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Nevertheless if in combat or not, if for long or not, or if any materials needed (potions are "needed materials" too ):
If you press 1 key and can then look around via the other keybind and focus on other stuff (watch your back e.g.) instead of the need to repeat the key press and check for correct quickslot selected, if the wall still needs repair or not, etc.:
It's still an advantage and not the designed way to work, no matter if for 1, 2, or 30 seconds.
You got a benefit there and you'd do nothing than pressing 1 key to gain it.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » possible to execute quickslot from code?